PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K20d (damaged) body and accessories

Asking Price
100 USD

Item Location
MN (United States)

Item Description
Damaged K20d body plus all (non-damaged) accessories (all cables, manual/paperwork, charger, 3 batteries (2 pentax, 1 third-party)) in box.

I bought this in February 2011 and used it until late September 2011. During that time had no major issues with it, and it produced some great images. Unfortunately, in late September it was on my tripod when it tipped over and fell at the edge of a lake. The camera body itself struck a barely submerged rock and was underwater for a couple seconds, resulting in the following:

- There is a piece of the plastic body casing on the side of the camera near the shutter release button that is gouged out.

- Some water initially got under the top LCD screen, but this dried completely when I left the body open for a few days after the incident.

- Shutter release button currently doesn't work, but the dedicated AF button still worked when I tried it shortly after the incident.

- No other obvious damage/malfunction that I noticed, but I didn't exhaustively put the camera through every function after the indicent either.

I thought about sending this to CRIS for estimate/repair, but ultimately my itch to get a K5 got the better of me. I'm hoping that someone looking for a project or for parts can get some use out of this.

If seriously interested and would like photos please let me know and I can PM to you.

Thanks!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns accepted.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

12-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
If it works via an IR remote, it could still be used by the tripod luggers or night shooters :-)

Last edited by SpecialK; 12-29-2011 at 09:05 PM.
12-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
You in the twin cities area? How about a local pickup?
12-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Original Poster
PM's replied.

12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I know you say shipping to US only, but would you consider shipping to australia if you get no takers in the US. (shipping at my cost of course). I would certainly be interested.
12-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Original Poster
Most definitely.

I have a few other interested parties, but will PM you if they don't pan out.
12-30-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pm sent