PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Cheap M42 lenses and BOWER 2x auto focus converter

Asking Price
25-45

Item Location
Kansas City (United States)

Item Description
Great condition M42 lenses and a BOWER 2x tele converter for sale.
From wide angle, standard to telephoto lenses. Please add 6 dollars shipping fee on each lens, combine shipping please contact me for lower shipping fee but all the lenses price are low enough, won’t have any other discount.
The first one is wide angle lens AUTO SEARS 28mm F2.8 made in JAPAN. Serial number 31545. Comes with both caps. Asking
25 dollars on this one.
This lens works great and take very good pictures, I have been using it for a while and take very good care of it (check the photos).
It has 8 blades will give you very good bokeh. The optics clean without fungus, maybe little dust or clean mark in or on the glasses, but nothing will effect on the image. Blades are oil free and A/M switch respond very fast without any delay.
Aperture ring click on every stop and focus ring is very smooth.
Want to know more about this lens, click the links list below.
Matt's Classic Cameras: Sears Auto 2.8 28mm M42

Pentax K100D with Auto Sears 28mm F2.8 M42 Lens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BTW, I just show you the pictures other people shot by using the same type of lens. That’s not my photo.

SOLD The second one is INDUSTAR 50mm F3.5; I don’t really think I need to say more about this lens. If you want to know how good the performance this lens is, please click the link list below. Asking
30 dollars on this one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/industar-50-50mm-f3-5.html

This lens comes with its original paper, original lens hood (which is not very easy to find), aftermarket rear cap, but no front cap.
Everything works great, optics clean without fungus, maybe little dust or clean mark in or on the glasses, but nothing will effect on the image. The blade has little oil on it, which is common on this lens and because it is preset aperture, so oil won’t affect its function.

The third one is a VIVITAR 135mm F2.8 telephoto lens made in JAPAN. Serial number 378006502. Comes with both caps. Asking
35 dollars on this one.
This lens works great and take very good pictures, I have been using it for a while and take very good care of it (check the photos).
It has 8 blades will give you very good bokeh. The optics clean without fungus, maybe little dust or clean mark in or on the glasses, but nothing will effect on the image. Blades are oil free. This copy don’t have A/M switch, it has some other switch as you can see in photo 2 and photo 6. But I never figure out what those 2 switches for.
Aperture ring click on every stop and focus ring is very smooth. And has a built in retractable lens hood which is very useful.
Want to know more about this lens, click the links list below.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-135mm-f-2-8-auto-telephoto.html

My copy is not any of the pictures in the link, but it is the same type.
Testshot_04 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BTW, I just show you the pictures other people shot by using the same type of lens. That’s not my photo.
I took 21 photos to show you detail about these 3 lenses. Just click the links list below.
53 58 59 - a set on Flickr

The 4th one is an early version Takumar M42 35mm F3.5 wide angle lens comes with both caps and its original special designed metal lens hood. Very good for collection.

For more information about this lens, please click the link list below. Asking
40 dollars on this one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/S-M-C-Super-Auto-Takumar-35mm-F3.5.html

The image took by this lens is very sharp and it is as good as SMC Takumar 35mm F3.5.
This lens works great, I have been using it for a while and take very good care of it (check the photos).
The optics clean without fungus, maybe little dust or clean mark in or on the glasses, but nothing will effect on the image. Blades are oil free. This lens has no A/M switch; it has a silver color push button to make the aperture wide open. But when you push the button all the way it will click on the mechanical design stop for this lens, it means the blade will stay on until you push the release pin on the mount (check photo 2). It is useful for M42 manual focus camera, but you need to practice when you adapted this lens on modern DSLR.
The other thing is this lens aperture won’t become a prefect round (hide) when wide open to F3.5. I am not sure this is how it designed or something wrong (I cannot find the original document for this lens). Check photo 5 and 6, you will know what I am talking about.
Anyway, the aperture blade open and close are not like the SMC Takumar, you need to practice to know how to use it.
Aperture ring click on every stop and focus ring is smooth.
I took 8 photos to show you detail about these 3 lenses. Just click the links list below.
54 - a set on Flickr

SOLD The 5th one is a great condition BOWER AUTO FOCUS 2x TELE CONVERTER.

This is a very useful Tele Converter which made in JAPAN, it can use on the Pentax auto focus lens with aperture bigger than F4. Asking
45 dollars on this one.
I used this converter on DA* 50-135, DA*16-50 and FA 77mm F1.8 without any problem.
Sometimes I also use on DA 55-300mm and it also works with this lens, just become slow auto focus.
Anyway, the optics clean without fungus and cosmetically looks like new. Check the photos.
Comes with original package, both caps, instruction and soft pouch.
I took 5 photos to show you detail about this lens converter. Just click the links list below.
55 Photo album by Alanjoke

The 6th one is an AUTO RIKENON 50mm F1.7 lens made in JAPAN.

The serial number is 022256. Comes with both caps. Asking
25 dollars on this one.
This lens works great and take very good pictures, sharp and the color looks good and accurate.
Everything works great. Blades are oil free and A/M switch respond very fast without any delay.
Aperture ring click on every stop and focus ring is very smooth.
The optic is clear but it does have something like fungus on the inner element (Check photo number 5). You can only see them if you use flash light shine from a certain angle and look very closely.
I use sun light treatment and it never grows, I think I killed them all. And of course this will not effect on the image you took, but I think I need to tell you what’s wrong with the lens. I don’t want you buy the lens then “F” me very much.
Cosmetically looks very good, I take good care of all the lenses I have.
I took 8 photos on this lens, please click the link list below for more detail
56 - a set on Flickr

The last one is CARL ZEISS JENA DDR 50mm F2.8 TESSAR with both caps.

Do I really need say more about this lens? Just GOOGLE it if you really need more information. Asking
35 dollars on this one.
Serial number 150921. Comes with both caps.
The optics clean without fungus, maybe little dust or clean mark in or on the glasses, but nothing will effect on the image. Blades are oil free. But there is a tiny issue on A/M switch. when you turn the aperture ring to the smallest aperture F22 by using M mode and you want the aperture turn to max wide open by switch to A mode, the blade won’t turn, you have to turn the aperture ring 2 click stop to F16, then the blade will goes to wide open. This only happened when you use F22 and F20.
It function correctly if you use any aperture bigger than F16 (F16 included), which means you can use A/M switch from F2.8 to F16, but not F20 and F22. I never use this lens smaller than F11, so it is not a problem to me. And I believe most of the people won’t use aperture so small unless you want to test the lens.
But I think I need to tell you what’s wrong with the lens. I don’t want you buy the lens then “F” me very much.
Manual adjust aperture are function correctly, click on every stop. And focus ring is very smooth.
Cosmetically looks very good, I take good care of all the lenses I have.
I took 7 photos on this lens, please click the link list below for more detail
57 Photo album by Alanjoke

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
NO RETURN.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by alanjoke; 10-18-2014 at 10:30 PM.
01-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
I'll take the TC. Been looking for a while .
01-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
HELLO--I'll buy the Vivitar 2.8/135. pm will follow. Best Wishes--CARL
01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Will buy the Vivitar 2.8/135.

01-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
PM sent for the Industar & Hood.

BTW, the Vivitar 135mm is a TX mount lens. The mount can be changed to fit a variety of cameras. I've had good luck with TX mount lenses and used a couple of them way back in the day when they were new. I'd be interested if I didn't have my own copy bought new in the 1970s. A P/K TX mount is available, but a bit uncommon. That P/K mount would make the Vivitar as functional as a K or M lens on a digital body. Might be added impetus for someone to try that one out. Edit: Oops! I see it was sold while I typed!
01-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 63 (98%)
Original Poster
The Industar 50mm sold.

---------- Post added 01-02-12 at 08:17 PM ----------

BOWER converter sold.