PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA 12-24 Excellent Condition, Not Much Time

Asking Price
$600

Item Location
Germany/APO (United States)

Item Description
I am looking to go wider than my current 12-24. I Absolutely *LOVE* this lens, but since I will be picking up the 16-50 as well (I *VERY* much need the waterproofing as the sands of Afghanistan are finer than sugar - I recognize the 8-16 is not sealed, it's just now almost 75% of the 12-24's FL is redundant on the 16-50).

Included with the sale will be a 77mm UV Filter that I bought brand new with the lens.

Regarding physical considering, it is perfect save for a 2-3mm scratch (not deep - surface level only) on the petal hood that can *only* be noticed when the hood is reversed or taken off. Mounted I couldn't find it.

There has been a slight issue with not getting focus lock, but I think that is more my technique than anything - it's not a common occurrence, just something I noticed.

So the offerings I will entertain (*UPDATED*):
  • $650 Cash
  • Trade for Sigma 8-16
Please PM if you are interested.

Included you will find all the paperwork, including the serial number card, lens, petal hood (original), and rear cap. And also the UV filter.

Yes, I still deploy to Afghanistan soon

Very Respectfully,
Heie

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free (To CONUS and Germany)

All others, PM me and we will negotiate based on the shipping cost.

Shipping Services
USPS/Deutsche Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Full Refund within 15 Days

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added Jan 18th, 2012 at 17:05 ----------

Bump, prices updated to:

• $650
  • Trade for Sigma 8-16

Last edited by Heie; 01-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
01-18-2012, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Just want to say that this member selflessly offered equipment -free- to another member whose camera and lenses were stolen.
Here's a free bump for previous good-deeds. Hope someone can work out the trade or deal you're looking for.
01-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Original Poster
Yucatan, Mucho Gusto...muchas gracias para las palabras buenas y la ayuda con el bump gratis

Prices have been updated - I have been informed by several that I have been being a bit unrealistic - I was going off Amazon's price, but apparently they are not competitive with it. So with that I apologize for my greediness

$650 Cash shipped
Trade for Sigma 8-16 -1 for 1
Trade for DA* 16-50 - 1 for 1
01-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
By the way, I have this lens - the 12-24mm Pentax - and it has become my always with me lens. Just super quality and IQ as the reviews reflect. *(otherwise, I would have already responded to your offer).

P.S. That there is purty dang good Spanish, yung feller! The good words were more than deserved.

01-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
By the way, I have this lens - the 12-24mm Pentax - and it has become my always with me lens. Just super quality and IQ as the reviews reflect. *(otherwise, I would have already responded to your offer).

P.S. That there is purty dang good Spanish, yung feller! The good words were more than deserved.
Un facto interesante: es my foto allí en la izquierda de la página - sí es verdad que yo soy un pelirojo que es muy blanco, y con todo ésto, español era mi lengua materna...my abuela es de Colombia y tuve una nana de Cuba que no habló en ingles. Es el porque que, en mi opinion, no hablo con un accento como los gringos Pero es triste porque perdí la mayoria de mi abilidad para hablar porque dejáron hablando en la casa cuando tuve 5 o 6 años. Pero para viajando y las chicas, yo sé qué yo necesito

Very Respectfully, Heie

Last edited by Heie; 01-27-2012 at 12:15 AM.
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bump - still available.
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
pm sent. john a
01-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bump and price update

So I had a bit of an oops moment:

I dropped the lens a few days ago (about 0.75m high). I thoroughly checked everything, and the *only* thing I could notice was that there was a slight stiffness in the zoom ring around the 21mm spot. I honestly cannot tell you if it was like that before or not, but I just mounted the lens on my K5 and took pictures at every focal length and there is no difference in focusing at every focal length, even when I force the focusing ring to the go the entire range in both directions (yes, to include at 21mm). The focusing ring is still completely smooth and very light - no change. If anything, the auto focusing feels snappier to be perfectly honest.

Like I said, I cannot tell you if it was like that before the incident (I don't *think* so, but not 100% sure), but after running a test, I cannot notice any difference in any part of the lens (optical or build quality) except for that slight stiffening at only the 21mm mark. Zoom range still goes 12-24 completely unhindered. There are no scratches on either the front or rear lens element, and all caps and the lens hood have remained in perfect condition. It probably helped that it fell on carpet. After mounting the lens on my K-5 the stiffness becomes even less pronounced (but still noticeable) thanks to the weight of the camera. I tried a couple really quick zoom changes from high to low and vice versa, and found I could do them just as before without being hindered.

If after 15 days of extensive use you do not feel comfortable with the lens, I will issue an immediate and full refund, no questions asked.

Regarding the shipping, I haven't weighed the box yet, so I can't give an actual estimate, but I want to say that at around 2.5 lbs it will cost $25 for shipping outside of the United States, for a total of $625. Because I can't be 100% sure on that, I will make it a $15 even for a grand total of $615 shipped.

01-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
New pm sent. john a
01-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #10

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi I am interested in the lens as well but I have just created this account so I cannot send a pm - can you e-mail me?
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by oldmasterq Quote
Hi I am interested in the lens as well but I have just created this account so I cannot send a pm - can you e-mail me?
Posting e-mails in public is a bad idea. Once you reply to this post, you will be able to send your PM.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I appreciate all the interest in my lens, however (once again) the lens has been sold.

Thank you.