PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax Spotmatic II SLR

Asking Price
20USD

Item Location
Montreal (Canada)

Item Description
I'm selling a Spotmatic II camera in fair/good shape (off course, considering the age). The body has a few scratches, but no major flaws. My previous listing showed that the shoe mount was not properly "seated" on the camera. Well, I decided to fix it. There were 4 littles screws that were loose, on the shoe mount basically. I should have done it in the first place. Also, there was a little bit of grease around the shutter release. I also went ahead and cleaned it. I also checked the battery compartment, no corrosion or anything abnormal there either. The camera also performs very well. I don't have a film to test it, but everything work, and the person I got it from (a local woman who personally shot with it) assured me everything was fine. I got it with a few lenses as part of a package.

The battery is still in there and in good physical shape. However, I tried to test using the instruction in the user's manual (an original copy is included with the camera!). Even after the tests though, I don't know if it works. The light meter lever moves when I play with the camera, but it doesn't do what the manual says it should... I don't know if I'm testing it properly, but just to be sure, I would consider that the battery needs to be replaced.

EDIT: The light meter works fine. I tested the camera with a good battery, and everything is good.

The battery is included with the camera.

While cleaning the camera, I noticed a few scratches on the mirror, (I may have done it while cleaning it =( )

Have a look at the pictures, you will better understand everything I just mentioned.

Included with the camera : The camera itself and the original user's manual, in english. The 55mm 1.8 Takumar lens is not included, although I'm planning on selling it shortly. I mounted it on the camera to play with it a little and to give you a look of what the camera looked 40 years ago when it was brand new! I believe that the Takumar was the standard lens with it, funny when you think about it!

Pictures :

Pictures of higher quality here.

Pm me if interested.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
10USD to Canada and the US

Shipping Services
Canada Post / USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item cannot be return, if it's not working, I will just send the money back and split the original shipping charges.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by kp0c; 02-03-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: serious modification
02-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
I updated the camera description. A lot of thing as changed since I first putted it on sale. I cleaned it and "repair" the hot shoe. PM me if interested.
Thank you.

---------- Post added 02-02-12 at 12:14 PM ----------

And for those who worries that the battery might be hard to find, here is a link to amazon for the proper batteries. You could most certainly find them in stores as well. Amazon.com: SR936SW
enjoy.
02-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
updated description (light meter is tested and functional)
02-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
PM Sent