Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Pentax FA 35mm f2 Prime Lens

Payment via PayPal (gift or regular) and shipping only to the US

FA 35mm f2 $370USD shipped PayPal gift (+3% if using regular PayPal)
I'm the 2nd owner, and have not seen or had any problems with the lens. Looks clean throughout. The aperture ring rotates smoothly, yet still clicks firmly. No fungus, scratches, or dust. Comes with box, hood, front and rear caps, and 49mm Marumi MC-UV filter

FA 50mm f1.4 SOLD

Again, PayPal gift or regular as payment, your choice. I'm only shipping to the US (sorry).

Last edited by VIXIV; 02-08-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: added extra pic, 1 item sold, price reduction
01-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
shipping

can you ship to Canada, Montreal???
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by laert Quote
can you ship to Canada, Montreal???
I've had too many headaches shipping out of the country. Thanks for your interest, though.
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
shipping abroad

As I am one of the users from "abroad", could you tell me what are the headaches you experienced while shipping out of the country? I would like to know so that I understand more of why I might miss some sales Hope you have time to answer.
Cheers!

01-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
I don't know this seller and would not claim to answer for him in any way. That said, as someone who occasionally sells on the marketplace, I can say that selling abroad does involve more paper work and the costs of shipping and sometimes lack of tracking and/or reasonable insurance costs can be an issue (especially since in most of my experiences, people are already trying to get it for cheaper than the asking price.) It can be a concern for me to send something out knowing that if the other person was less than honest, I could possibly end up having paypal refund my money while not getting the sold item returned.

Now, I do not in any way assume or think that this would be the case for either of the "abroad" members who posted here (I have met MANY very nice people from all over the world on this forum.) But more to the point, there is a reason the marketplace allows sellers to choose where they want to sell to and while I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, usually a seller makes this decision ahead of time for a reason and to question their reasons when they decline, doesn't seem to be entirely fair.

Good luck on your sale VIXIV. Those look like some nice lenses (that 35mm is on my LBA radar.)
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adikama Quote
As I am one of the users from "abroad", could you tell me what are the headaches you experienced while shipping out of the country? I would like to know so that I understand more of why I might miss some sales Hope you have time to answer.
Cheers!
QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
I don't know this seller and would not claim to answer for him in any way. That said, as someone who occasionally sells on the marketplace, I can say that selling abroad does involve more paper work and the costs of shipping and sometimes lack of tracking and/or reasonable insurance costs can be an issue (especially since in most of my experiences, people are already trying to get it for cheaper than the asking price.) It can be a concern for me to send something out knowing that if the other person was less than honest, I could possibly end up having paypal refund my money while not getting the sold item returned.
sunny more or less said it for me. I've shipped items that never arrived at the buyer, and I was also not able to recover. Shipping within the US48 is a much more secure option for me.
01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
I've sold outside the country a few times, and while I've never had a bad experience per se, it is more effort and not really worth it to me for smaller items. I'm also somewhat selective and tend to only sell to people with good feedback that live in countries with decent postal systems...

01-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Thanks for the answers guys! I hope It won't happen to me on my shipping. The seller (not this lens here) shipped the lens to me without tracking, even if I paid for the tracking in advance(quite dissapointing). So I don't know what I can do if it won't arrive to me...but I just have to hope I won't have bad luck.
02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
BUMP to the top
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Us48?

QuoteOriginally posted by VIXIV Quote
sunny more or less said it for me. I've shipped items that never arrived at the buyer, and I was also not able to recover. Shipping within the US48 is a much more secure option for me.
Great lenses, no doubt. I'd like to add to the collection when funds permit. Allow me to ask, why no love for Alaska or Hawaii ?
02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
BUMP for price cut
02-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
PM sent