PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Kiron / Lester A. Dine 105mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1

Asking Price
see listing

Item Location
Montreal (Canada)

Item Description
I had another listing for the same lens, but I could not change the price that was displayed on the front page, so I'm making another one.

340$-->330$-->320$ plus shipping and handling.

I am selling my Kiron / Lester A. Dine 100mm f2.8 1:1 manual focus macro lens. It is an amazing lens, period. If you don't know that lens, do a little bit of research on the forum, you will see it is very highly regarded. The lens is in like new condition. There is one caveat and it's that there a small piece of the dental sticker missing. It can be seen on the first and third picture of the lens. Like all lens, there are probably some very small particular of dust, but I don't really see anything.
The lens works great, has auto aperture on all Pentax DSLR and it is incredibly sharp.
52mm filter thread. The from element is recessed, so the lens offer a natural lens hood sorta speak. Visit the review for more information on the lens.

Why am I selling it if it is that great ? I'm a full time student, my wife is 7 months pregnant, I'm about to start a 6 weeks mandatory internship (unpaid) and I have my school fees to pay. Off course, we would like to purchase a house in the near future but that is another story.

The lens comes with a neoprene case, a front and rear cap.

Shipping to Canada and the US is a flat rate of 15$. It includes tracking and insurance.

- paypal, add 4%.
I also accept Interact money transfer (within Canada) and local pickup around Montreal.

All the pictures are at medium smallish size to keep the post loading quickly, but you can visit the picasa album (link below) to get pictures of higher res. If you feel you would like a even larger file to examine something more closely, let me know by sending me a PM.

All the pictures can be seen here.

Pictures of the lens :

Some random images I took with the lens. I guess they don't really what the lens is capable of, but it is a start :

PM me if interested.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
15$ (Canada and the US)

Shipping Services
Canada Post / USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item can be returned if significantly not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by kp0c; 02-24-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: price reduction
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Free bump. The thread is back where it should be.
Had I not already too many macro lenses I'd be tempted. This is a classic design with good rep and the A contacts.
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
Thank you Douglas. Anyone interested in possibly one of the finest macro lens out there?
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
do you know what the PH rate to Aussie would be ?

02-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I sent you a PM downunderman.

For other people around the globe, shipping to Austria and most other international country (could be less, PM me to be sure)
Air mail : 35$

Surface mail (extremely slow) : 17$
02-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for price reduction
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Week end bump

02-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #8

Different Lester A. Dine lens?

I've noticed a seller on eBay who has a Lester A. Dine lens, but doesn't have the actual "tooth" photos on the body as yours does. This one comes with a little yellow card (is it a fake?).
02-19-2012, 09:13 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Glass Man Quote
I've noticed a seller on eBay who has a Lester A. Dine lens, but doesn't have the actual "tooth" photos on the body as yours does. This one comes with a little yellow card (is it a fake?).
That is a sticker/label on the body of the lens, what it does is tell the camera user things like "Face Profile 1:10 @ 5.6" etc etc etc - if the lens does not have it on it no worry...
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
That is a sticker/label on the body of the lens, what it does is tell the camera user things like "Face Profile 1:10 @ 5.6" etc etc etc - if the lens does not have it on it no worry...
Thanks, that makes sense (I'm a noob). I had to connect my laptop to my t.v. in order to see the picture better. Does look like a sticker now, with engravings next to it. I'm obviously interested in buying one and decided to search around to compare prices. New to this forum (obviously), but seemed like a better idea than going to my local camera shop with questions and getting "the look."

I've noticed the thrid-party review on this site and someone just did a recent review and priced it at $15.00. I only assume this was an error and the person meant $150; has the price really gone down for this lens? I do want the lens posted here, but found another one (sorta referenced in my original question) that comes with the flash, and all original manuals. Not sure what to make of it. -Seems as if I may have to make the trip for "the look."
02-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Why don't you make me an offer if you are interested in the lens...?
02-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
this is one brilliant lens.... beautiful color rendition, sharp definition, beautiful bokeh to boot...
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price reduction.
02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #14

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent.
02-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #15
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Glass Man Quote
Thanks, that makes sense (I'm a noob). I had to connect my laptop to my t.v. in order to see the picture better. Does look like a sticker now, with engravings next to it. I'm obviously interested in buying one and decided to search around to compare prices. New to this forum (obviously), but seemed like a better idea than going to my local camera shop with questions and getting "the look."

I've noticed the thrid-party review on this site and someone just did a recent review and priced it at $15.00. I only assume this was an error and the person meant $150; has the price really gone down for this lens? I do want the lens posted here, but found another one (sorta referenced in my original question) that comes with the flash, and all original manuals. Not sure what to make of it. -Seems as if I may have to make the trip for "the look."
this is legen (wait for it) dary lens.

color, bokeh, and sharpness is top notch.

Here's some pics taken using this lens. Hope TS won't mind if I post it here.