Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX MACRO w/case and paper work + UV filter

Asking Price
$295 incl. shipping in Aust

Item Location
Sydney/Newcastle NSW (Australia)

Item Description
Sigma 105mm EX, f2.8 - 1:1 macro

MORE photos coming soon

This lens has an excellent reputation - check it out in the lens reviews if you haven't already. You'll see that its average review is in the 9 out 10s, and the average price paid is well over $300.

This has been my favourite lens of all since I got into photography, not so much as a macro (though I do love that too) but as a portrait/product shot lens. It's sharp wide open and shows beautiful bokeh. See my example shots of both macro and portrait/lifestyle.
The reason I'm selling it is I bought the DA 50-135mm, and though I'd love to keep my Sigma for the macro/focussing speed (much faster than the DA)/size and weight/bokeh - I'm not made of money so one lens that does f2.8 at that FL will do!
About the Autofocus: People sometimes say that macro lenses focus slowly. This is not my experience - sure, going from a focus of 30cm to 6 metres, it'll take a while - but you only ever do that once at the start of shooting, generally then your focus only changes by 10-20%, and when you do that it's fast, plus remember it does have a limiter. Also, contrary to some things I've read - it can autofocus when the lens is switched to manual - it just won't manually focus when the lens is switched to auto - so I just leave it on manual and use the switch on the camera to change.

I think it's fair to say 'excellent' condition - the only blemish I can see is a bit of a scratch on the EX badge - otherwise cosmetically perfect and optically perfect as well. Comes with:
- Sigma front and rear caps
- 58mm Fotar UV filter, been on it for most of its life - I took it off for the shots of the lens
- Original case as pictured
- Orignal instruction booklet with tables on focussing distances etc.
- Shipping included in Australia.
Ask me for prices to your country if you're abroad.

Enjoy!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Varies worldwide, included in Aust

Shipping Services
Australia Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if item is broken or in significantly inferior condition to that described on arrival.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Quazimoto; 08-11-2012 at 04:34 AM.
02-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent
03-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Where are more photos? How much for the shipping to US? Thanks
03-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Hi,
Sorry it was sold a while ago.