Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
K-5, FA43, Sig 17-70, Lensbaby 2.0, Metz 50, LumiQuest Bigbounce & gels, Split Prism

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K-5, FA43, Sig 17-70, Lensbaby 2.0, Metz 50, LumiQuest Bigbounce & gels, Split Prism

Asking Price
$2100

Item Location
Seattle (United States)

Item Description
If you've been looking for the All In One K-5 Set-up, this is an excellent combo, with a superior portrait lens (FA43); a versatile walk-around lens with great IQ (Sig 17-70); a powerful fully featured flash (Metz 50); and a special effects lens you'll never get tired of (Lensbaby).
All of my equipment is babied and is in the condition it was in when I purchased it - mostly either mint or near to it. Everything on this list was purchased since last summer either new or from someone here, so I'm listing for about the same prices.
I need to scare up a P&S camera in order to take photos of the gear, but should have pics up tomorrow....assuming it's not all bought. Buy now, cause there's a Leica M8 for sale locally that I want to nab before it gets away!
Got any Leica M-mount lenses or a random M8 just laying around that you wanna trade? PM me!

Obviously for the sake of my packaging sanity, I'd prefer to sell this as a lot - total price $2100 plus shipping. I'd like to give the entire lot a couple of days to see if it can all go to a new home together, but feel free to PM me with offers/interest for bits, and I'll sort it all out at my end. Preference will be given to people within the CONUS (again, my sanity!), but don't be afraid to offer if you're from elsewhere - especially if you'd like to purchase everything at once! Most especially if you'd like to offer me lots of money

Pentax K-5 - $950
Purchased new last summer, in pristine condition. Perfectly functioning, updated to most current firmware, cosmetically excellent, has had glass protectors on both screens since I got it. All cables, charger, box & manual included. Two batteries - extra non-manufacturer battery included.

FA 43 f/1.9 Ltd. lens - $550
Purchased from a forum member last summer. Made in Japan (MIJ), black finish, original lens cap and hood. This lens is in excellent shape, only showing its wear in some rubbing on the lens cap felt, on the edge of the hood where the cap rubs, and a couple of flecks off of the front coating. Optically and mechanically perfect. Box & pouch included.

Metz Mecablitz 50 AF-1 flash, with LumiQuest Big Bounce and LumiQuest gels - $210
Purchased new at Christmas time, in perfect condition, updated to newest firmware so no problems when used with the K-5.
This comes with the Big Bounce to spread and diffuse the flash - worked fantastic for 80/20 bounce flash and 100% forward flash.
The LumiQuest gel set includes: CTO, 1⁄2 CTO, 1⁄4 CTO, Plus Green, 1⁄2 Plus Green, Sky Blue, Canary Yellow, and Fire Red - everything you need to compensate for varying degrees of tungsten or fluorescent lights, with 3 fun colors as well.

The LumiQuest stuff is all set up to velcro onto the flash head, and that velcro has already been installed - so selling it as a set makes the most sense. You can velcro on just the BigBounce, or you can velcro on the gel holder, and then velcro the BigBounce on top of it - nice system. I did separate the gel holder from the little envelope that stores the gels. Of course, you can leave everything off, and just have some fuzzy velcro on your flash head

Lensbaby 2.0 - $109
In perfect condition, actually looks almost new. This is the version preceding the interchangable lens system. All f/rings & magnet included, original caps.

Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.7 Macro - $250
This is not the HSM/stabilized version, but I believe it's optically the same formula. This lens has seen a lot of use from previous owners and shows it in some wear on the zoom grip, some minor flecks off the front coating - nothing that affects photo quality, however. Plenty sharp with great color & contrast, razor sharp macro - a bargain for a walk around lens.
Comes with 77mm Kenko pro1d UV filter for protection. Original box.
[I've misplaced the front lens cap - arrgh! Of course this happens just as I get it ready to sell! I'll update if I find it. Rear cap included.]

Split prism focusing screen (Nikon K3) for K-5 and K-7 - $60
From what I've researched, this Nikon split focusing screen is almost as well regarded as the untreated KatzEye - YYMV It worked well in my K-5. Comes with all the tweezers and such needed to install it correctly.

And now my favorite part Photographic evidence that you're buying The Good Stuff.

This photo was taken with the K-5 and the FA43:

K-5 at ISO 1250, FA43 at f/2 - this is just a fantastic lens & camera combo.....maybe I shouldn't sell it.....

K-5, Sig 17-70 and Metz 50 with the BigBounce attachment - this photo is mostly to demonstrate how nicely the BigBounce works. This corner was all but dark, but the flash lighting is even and (considering!) pretty soft. The BigBounce is pretty fool-proof for the bounce-flash newbie

K-5 & Lensbaby 2.0
Spooky....

And arty....

The K-5 and FA43 are just a match made in heaven - rather like these heavens, captured in a pano shot

Final note - in the past, I've neglected to remember how much shipping & Paypal fees chip away at my total sales value, so my shipping cost reflects that. Sorry, shipping has just gotten darned expensive the past year or so!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$25 and up

Shipping Services
USPS UPS FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only if item damaged or not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

02-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
interested in this, I will send pm.

---------- Post added 02-18-12 at 10:33 PM ----------

one more to send pm.
02-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
pm sent
02-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
pm sent

02-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
If no one buys the flash let me know- too poor this week
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
Everything is, amazingly, sold in one lot! I'll PM everyone just to be sure ya'll get the message & can go looking elsewhere.

Thanks, everybody And I'll still be here, posting in the Not-A-Pentax-Forum....because this is the best Photography community online

Ecat