Item for Sale
Pentax K-5

Asking Price
$950 -- reduced to $925

Item Location
Utah (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K-5 body
Mint. In original packaging, with all included items. Shutter count: 786. No stains on sensor, Flawless. $950 + shipping.

-Selling this gear because I've decided it will be better to get a smaller KR for my entry level skill-set and will also allow me to get a small mirrorless camera for my wife, who needs something a little better than the average point and shoot. Sorry for the picture quality - since the K-5 was the subject of the picture and obviously couldn't be used to take the pics.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Fedex, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sale is final (unless something happens to the item in shipping), but if there are any problems I will of course work with the buyer to make sure everyone is happy.

I'm obviously new here, but I have a feedback rating of 100% over 85 transactions on ebay. I will do my best to communicate in a timely manner and ensure a friendly, positive transaction!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Wayne77; 02-20-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: price reduced
02-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I have a K-x and am looking to upgrade to the K-5 would you be interested in the K-x?
02-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ginglesair Quote
I have a K-x and am looking to upgrade to the K-5 would you be interested in the K-x?
Thanks for the offer. A KX is a possibility but I'm still researching. Therefore, not really interested in trades yet, so I can keep my options open. Regards,

Wayne
02-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I was just thinking the same thing and got out of bed to post this. I have a k-r and would like to upgrade to the k5. So I'm open to the possibility of trading you my k-r + some cash or a lens for the k-5.

02-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bgdisc Quote
I was just thinking the same thing and got out of bed to post this. I have a k-r and would like to upgrade to the k5. So I'm open to the possibility of trading you my k-r + some cash or a lens for the k-5.
Thanks for the offer. My first priority is to sell outright, but might consider trade offers if things if don't shake out. Let me see how things go for the time being. Best Regards,

Wayne
02-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
k. thanks
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
does it still come with warranty? is it transferable?
02-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gs18jlll Quote
does it still come with warranty? is it transferable?
I've seen conflicting info on whether Pentax warranties are transferrable. I'll let anyone else chime in as appropriate. I'll have to double check, but I think I registered the camera back in November when it was purchased, in which case I think I would have to be the one submitting the claim and sending the camera in. In any case, if there were any issues, I have no problem working with the buyer to make sure any needed issues get taken care of. Hope this helps.

Edit: Pentax warranties are indeed non transferrable it seems. But again, I will work with the buyer if any issues arise.

Last edited by Wayne77; 02-20-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Clarification: Pentax Warranty is non-transferrable
02-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
I have both the K5 and the KR and would never trade the K-5 for the K-r, The KR is loud and isn't WR and the K5 is a much better camera and well worth the price difference. You need to try the KR before you screw up and sell the best camera on the market.
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I have both the K5 and the KR and would never trade the K-5 for the K-r, The KR is loud and isn't WR and the K5 is a much better camera and well worth the price difference. You need to try the KR before you screw up and sell the best camera on the market.
Thanks, this isn't about replacing what is undoubtedly one of the nicest APSC cameras out there with something on the same level, but more about me not using it to its full potential combined with a need to free up funds to get my wife a small mirrorless camera along with a smaller replacement for myself.

In any case, I'd politely request that I stick to answering questions about the item for sale, rather than discuss pros and cons of two very different cameras. (wanting to avoid unnecessary bumps at the expense of others' listings) Much appreciated and I do appreciate your input.

All: if there are any other questions about the camera for sale, please PM or respond here...

Best Regards,

Wayne

Last edited by Wayne77; 02-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #11

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by gs18jlll Quote
Here is the official response I got from Pentax regarding warranty transfer:

-------------
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

PENTAX warranties are not transferable. The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the product. If you purchase a PENTAX product from the original owner and then send it in for service it would be considered a chargeable repair.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------
I wonder how the can tell if the original owners name isn't on the receipt?
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Original Poster
All,

Please...for the sake of keeping this listing neutral, and to avoid needless bumps at the expense of others (understanding this post does the same), let's avoid further warranty commentary. I've edited my initial response to the warranty question to state that the official line is they are not transferrable. As to whether the Pentax rep chooses to use discretion in accepting a warranty claim from a second owner, I cannot say.

I think we've clarified the matter, and would love to answer other questions about the item for sale, ideally via PM, or as a post if it would be helpful to others.

Respectfully,

Wayne