K7 body w/ all original stuff + Magic Lantern guide

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K7 body w/ all original stuff + Magic Lantern guide

Asking Price

Item Location
Denver, CO (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K7 body with everything that originally came in the box + Magic Lantern guide for K7. Picture shows everything included -- some of the cables and the strap are actually from my K5 kit since they are the identical parts and unopened. But the battery, battery charger, & CD are the originals.

This camera is in excellent shape, has the latest firmware installed, and as of this moment the shutter count is only 7479. I may click it a few more times, but it will be approximately that.

I am the original owner, bought from Abe's of Maine on July 13, 2010. I have the 2 year extended warranty (which is the original year + 2 years = July 2013), however it is NOT transferable. But if the ultimate buyer is in the U.S., it would probably be easy enough for you to ship it back to me and then I could submit it for warranty service if needed. However, I can't make any guarantees or promises on this front and I'm not considering the warranty as part of this sale -- I could get hit by a car in the next year or whatever. Just saying that warranty service *might* be available as the purchaser if you need it.

Now then, I did just get this camera returned from CRIS, who did a non-warranty covered repair for a cracked viewfinder. This was NOT due to a drop or any kind of impact -- this camera has NEVER been dropped. What happened was I was using the Tenpa magnifying eyepiece on it and was screwing the thing into the socket thing (which I should have done off-camera) and apparently just put a weird stress on the viewfinder and it cracked. But this is actually good news for you, because it has been fully repaired, and in the process CRIS calibrated the focus and the electronic level, and cleaned the inside so the focus screen is basically dust-free, etc. You will receive the camera with the factory default firmware settings (but with the latest firmware 1.11 installed) since that is the way they sent it back to me and I have no reason to reset everything since I'm selling it.

Other than cracking the viewfinder (user error), I've had no issues whatsoever with this camera (that didn't turn out to be me being stupid) -- just pulled the trigger on the K5 and I've still got a K10D as backup so that's why I'm selling. It is in great shape, low shutter count as I said, a few scuffs on the bottom (I set it down on a rock once in a while) and you might be able to find evidence of use on the grip, etc but no real wear. It has ACMAXX protector screens installed on top and rear screens, and they have been there since the first week I got it so the real screens underneath are perfect. The rear ACMAXX has a few small visible scratches, but that's what it is there for. Those screens can be removed easily enough if you desire, but I think they are great. (They are thick, so if you use a LCD loupe device the rear one might get in the way.)

The main manual is in good shape, but the "quick start" guide ended up in the kitchen for a while and has grease spots on the front. I'm also including the Magic Lantern K-7 guide as a bonus. The CD has the Pentax software that came with it, but if you are going to use it I recommend you immediately download the latest version and upgrade after install. The battery and charger probably have a few tiny scuffs on them -- normal wear & tear.

Price is $580 USD + $20 shipping for U.S. destinations. I will also ship to Canada, Australia, England, maybe other places -- it will be at least $30 for those destinations -- I'll figure out exactly if need be. (If you are outside U.S., don't ask for cheap shipping -- PayPal makes it impossible -- this will be sent tracked & insured period.) Payment via PayPal is preferred, but I'd also reluctantly accept a U.S. postal money order for U.S. customers. And anybody local to Denver is welcome to come over and see it in-person and pay cash.

Also, if you're interested in a kit lens to go with it, the 18-55 that came with my K10D can be had for an extra $40. I hardly used it so it is in excellent shape. This is is the original version, not the weather-sealed version or whatever changes they made.

Ok, see pictures! Any questions?

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail + insurance

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if not as described if notified within 7 days of delivery and returned in same condition.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 02-20-2012 at 10:18 AM.
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale pending...