Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Banged up, but working *ist DL (perfect spare for focus screen or infrared

Hi guys,
For sale, I have a *ist DL body. When I got this body, it was in bad shape because of water damage, but I got Pentax to do the necessary repairs to get it working again. I will include the servicing invoice if I can find it.

Cosmetically, it looks great as you can see from the pictures below. There are a few things that I should point out about it:
- The AE-L button works, but it doesn't really "click". It can be annoying, but it definitely still works.
- Autofocus motor is a bit noisy. It sounds noisier than my other *ist DL. It still works fine though.
- The eyecup is missing. This seems to be a common issue with *ist DLs. It uses the Pentax eyecup FN, which is a little hard to find, but I believe you can still order it through B&H.
- The focusing screen has a few dots and a long, faint scratch on it.

I'm asking $150 shipped within the US. Send me a PM for a quote on international shipping. I'll include a strap and an authentic, black Pentax push-on cap. I take Paypal and money order and I'll ship internationally.

Forum feedback
eBay feedback
Heatware feedback

Samples shot using my DA 70mm

Last edited by igowerf; 01-05-2008 at 04:29 PM.
01-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
If I'm understanding correctly nothing will effect image quality. Am I correct in that?

Thanks
01-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buschmaster Quote
If I'm understanding correctly nothing will effect image quality. Am I correct in that?

Thanks
Correct, aside from maybe sensor dust, the image quality should be fine. The DA 70mm samples in the original post were shot about 30 minutes before I posted the thread. The EXIF data should still be intact on those too.
01-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I was just going to ask you about that.
How IS the sensor, - dust-wise, that is?

And ALL functions are as should be then - I suppose pentax gave it a CLA when you sent it in and checked all functions / adjustments?

Cheers!
John