PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma AF 170-500mm with original case, exc. condition

Asking Price
$550 AU with postage in Australia

Item Location
Newcastle (near Sydney) (Australia)

Item Description
Sigma 170-500mm f5 - 6.3 APO with autofocus (Pentax mount)

This really is in excellent condition - both cosmetically and optically/mechanically. All the shiny black surfaces etc. are free of marks and smudges and it has absolutely NO nicks or dings anywhere on it I am being honest when I say that if you were to order a new copy of this, and this copy I'm selling turned up, you'd probably think "Hmm, looks like it's been handled in the shop a bit." but that's about it.
It has its original case which is more of a box with a convenient carry handle and a sort of leather finish (I don't think it's real leather) - and TWO, not just one but TWO original hoods. The reason for this is I sold one of these lenses a while back and wasn't aware it had a hood, so now I have two hoods. It also has its original lens cap and a Sigma rear cap, and the removable tripod collar which is in perfect working condition.
The pictures tell the rest of the story except I couldn't get proper pics of the front and rear elements - I still haven't got the hang of photographing glass on lenses - but rest assured they are scratch and mark FREE. Also I can't see any signicant dush or anything around inside.

All up you're getting:
- The lens in excellent condition
- The case in very good condition
- One hood in excellent condition
- Another hood in excellent condition
- Sigma front cap
- Sigma rear cap
- Removable tripod collar

This is the first version of the lens, as reviewed here:
Sigma 170-500mm F5-6.3 APO Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

That first review has some top shots to show its quality, really quite a sharp lens even when not stopped down much.

I believe that optically it has the same formula as the second version which is just a bit different cosmetically (actually uglier in my opinion, as I owned on in Canon mount) - which is given a 10 by 2 reviewers here:
Sigma 170-500mm F5-6.3 APO Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Note none of any of those reviews are by me, I would probably give it a 9, as no it is not as sharp a 300mm prime I once used, but it has a ridiculously long and useful range and is sharp even 1/3 of a stop from whatever it's fastest is at that f/length - so at 170mm, f5.6 is sharp, at 300mm, f6.3, and at 500mm f7.1. None of these settings are very slow considering its focal length and that you'd mainly use it for birds and sports, both of which are generally out doors during the day.
All in all I really like this lens and am even as I type considering not selling, but I just don't get time to get out and 'bird' anymore, which is all I'd use it for so I guess it should go.

POSTAGE within AUSTRALIA is included in the sale.
Worldwide postage is going to be fairly expensive, though some countries just don't come out as much and if you're willing to wait for surface mail (boat) then it can be done affordably so message me your country for a price on postage.

Please message me with any questions or for details I've forgotten.
Sigma 170-500 p1.jpg
Sigma 170-500 p2.JPG
Sigma 170-500 p3.JPG
Sigma 170-500 p4.JPG
Sigma 170-500 p5.JPG
Sigma 170-500 p6.JPG

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included within Australia, varies worldwide

Shipping Services
Australia Post (registered)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if item can be shown to have been in an inferior condition to that described when it was sent. 10 days within Australia, 21 days worldwide.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Quazimoto; 08-11-2012 at 04:34 AM.
03-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Pm sendt.
03-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Sent a PM.
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Interested

I´m sending a message to seller.

03-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
Original Poster
Hi,
Sorry for the really slow replies and no replies.
To everyone who PMed I'm sorry but the lens is sold pending payment coming through.