Rolleiflex Automat Model K4A

Asking Price
$300US

Item Location
TEXAS (United States)

Item Description
Rolleiflex Automat Model K4A

Rolleiclub.com has all the Rollei details you will ever need

This camera is an old friend from when I first started making a living from photography.

When I arrived at my first European assignment the boss, he had been a photographer since the '30s, was using one and I thought his photos superb. So like any twenty-something I proceded to get a fine used one to prove I was as good a photographer as him. He prefered Spotmatic for slides, the Rollei for color prints, and 4X5 for everything else!

Anyway, this camera rested in the closet while my family grew and business changed. About 3 years ago I reserected it. See the letter from Mark Hansen. Since then my other Rollei has gotten the lions share of the work and this one has sat on the top of the bookcase near the ceiling. You can see the dust on the lenses.

I'm trying to lower the volume of photo-stuff so that my kids won't have the troubles that I see regularly at estate sales.

This a good shooter from the golden age of Rolleis. Remember Fred Astaire in "Funny Face"?

I'll ship anywhere if your money is good.

PayPal is simple and quick but cost me fees. 3% added if you use PayPal.

Foreign buyers must use PayPal with confirmed address.

The only money orders I'll accept are purchased from the U.S. Post Office. If you want me to accept your check, you have to wait until it clears both your bank and mine.

RILLEIFLEX/XENAR
Hello Sid,
I got your camera done and it came out very well--if I do say so myself. I took the liberty of doing the focus mechanism, and I cleaned the mirror and ground glass. The camera is just about as good as a used Rollei can be. The only thing that bothers me is that once in a great while the trigger does not pop right back up. This is caused by the chrome being worn on the trigger shaft, which is permanently attached to the front cover. I lubricated it, and it should be fine, but always check to see if it is up before advancing the film.
Aside from the above, it is a very nice camera the lens is excellent, even wide open, making 250 line pair per millimeter, at 3.5, and 328 at 5.6 and above. The film transport is now very smooth and easy, and the focus is buttery, throughout its entire range. Oh, one thing did add a bit of time to the repair, that being the self-timer, so the total came to $180. But since I blew the estimate, I will pay the shipping back to you.
I will ship as soon as I have payment, either by check or to my paypal account at this email address.
Thanks for the business,
Mark

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Differs by location

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted if I lied to you about condition. Photos are part of the discription.

I've 18 photos I can send if you need more!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by puderse; 06-23-2015 at 11:14 AM.
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
Ooh, that's tempting!

I have a crappy $30 Chinese TLR that has been pretty fun when it's working, but that's maybe 20% of the times I try it... and now this.

Last edited by panoguy; 03-07-2012 at 07:23 PM.

« K 28mm f3.5 | 31mm »