PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
FA* 200mm F/4 Macro

Asking Price
$3550

Item Location
Illinois (United States)

Item Description
Yes, this is the wonderful and rare FA* 200 F/4 Macro.
Having owned it, I now understand why it is any macro photographer's dream. The beautiful image quality and scarcity make this a very sought-after lens that you don't just come across everyday.

This copy of the lens is in exceptionally good condition. The silver paint, (which is known to scratch very easily) looks almost new- only visible scratches on this one is right above the aperture ring setting mark and another one to the right of it. (see 3rd picture)
There is also some very light wear around the tripod mount. (see 4th picture). Other than that, the outside of the lens is spotless!
The interior of the lens is a little tricky to photograph well, but it is clean, the only thing I could find is a single dust particle toward the center of the lens, right under the first glass.

Regarding the AF, I think I speak on behalf of all the FA* 200's- like expected from a macro lens, the AF does often "search" when it is a very close macro in poor lighting condition. With better lighting, the AF's performance gets better and it is quite quick and accurate with subjects that aren't in macro range. And believe me, you will love the way this lens isolates your subject from the background, it turns the background all soft and dreamy while your subject is beautifully and sharply focused.

It comes with its original lens booklet, case, front cap, metal rear cap, hood, and a Pentax SMC 67mm UV filter. And of course, free bragging rights are included.

I was looking for a fair asking price, but haven't been able to find any recent sales of the lens anywhere. Most recent I could find have been from 1-2 years ago, in which the lens went in the high $3000's. I will consider a best offer if there are no takers for the asking price.

My honest reasons for selling them are that I don't use them very often and I don't feel that my amateur skills will ever be able to catch up to what this lens is really capable of achieving. Even though they are amazing lens, I would be willing to sacrifice them and in turn purchase something, such as the DA* 50-135 2.8, that I would feel much more comfortable with.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Free to US

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 days money-back if you are not satisfied.
Lens must be returned back to me in the exact condition it was sent out in.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

And here are some amateur sample photos....
Shot at 6 MP resolution on K-5.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Julie; 03-26-2012 at 10:02 PM.
03-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
Wow! Clinton, you need a couple of these don't you??
03-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
I am really keen I just have to go to the bank.... "Now where is that balaclava?"

I am envious of who ever is blessed with the fortune of providing this lens with a new home. This will be a lens I'll forever aspire to have!
Good luck with the sale!
03-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
I am really keen I just have to go to the bank.... "Now where is that balaclava?"

I am envious of who ever is blessed with the fortune of providing this lens with a new home. This will be a lens I'll forever aspire to have!
Good luck with the sale!

Thanks!

03-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
PM sent.