PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-7 w/ optional focusing screens and kit lens

Asking Price
$510

Item Location
New Mexico (United States)

Item Description
Hey fellow Pentaxians! I recently purchased a K-5, and finances are preventing me from keeping both bodies, so it's time to sell my trusty K-7.

My K-7 was purchased June of 2010, has ~15.5k on the shutter count, and is in great condition. I've kept ACMAXX LCD covers on both LCD's since I got it, so the LCD's are in perfect condition. The cosmetic condition is great, with some minor scuffs that are barely visible on the bottom near the tripod mount. It's mechanically in excellent condition, the scroll wheels work great. No bad pixels on the LCDs, and no sensor dust to my eye. An all-around workhorse of a camera. It's been with me through international travels, including New Zealand, Australia, and Canada, and it was a trooper through and through.

I currently don't have photos of the camera, because I won't receive the K-5 until Friday, and I don't have another camera (except my phone I guess, but that won't do it justice).

The camera will come with the strap, battery, cables, CDs, manual, etc in the original box.

On to the optionals:
I can include the kit 18-55mm WR for +$90. It's in great condition and comes with hood and both caps. I actually had the camera and kit lens tuned by CRIS when I first got them to ensure AF accuracy.

The camera currently holds an Ee-S focusing screen that I cut down myself. This screen is geared for shallow DOF, and has no markings (which allows distraction-free composition). Since I cut the screen down myself, it's not perfect - there are some small scratches/smudges that can be seen when the lens is out of focus and stopped down. The imperfections do not hamper focusing nor are they bothersome for normal use - it is my preferred screen. I can include this screen for free if desired, or I can re-install the stock screen. Regardless, I can ship both with the camera.

I also have an Ec-A focusing screen from focusingscreen.com. This screen has a microprism dot in the middle and AF frame etching. It's in great condition, and I can include it with the camera (installed or uninstalled) for +$50.

I'm planning on putting this up on ebay on Sunday if I don't sell it here first. I'm trying to sell for cheaper here since there are no ebay fees and I like dealing with this forum.

I will post pictures of the camera on Friday night. In the meantime, why don't you check out some pictures I've taken with the camera here:

2010 Pictures - 2010 - jeffshaddix's Photos
2011 Pictures - 2011 - jeffshaddix's Photos
2012 Pictures - 2012 - jeffshaddix's Photos

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Free

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer has seven (7) days after receipt of item to return it for a full refund. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
Sent PM.
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Interested if deadwolfbones passes.

EDIT: Someone posted another about 20 minutes after I wrote this and I bought that one, so I withdraw my interest; best of luck to everyone involved, though!

Last edited by alstauffer; 03-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.
03-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
If the buyer doesn't want the Ee-S focusing screen with smudges and scratches I would be happy to get it a new home (:

03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Original Poster
All PM's replied to. I should have an update Friday night one way or another. Thanks!

---------- Post added 03-31-12 at 01:17 AM ----------

Sold to deadwolfbones with all focusing screens. Thanks!