Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Pentax K2000 w/ kit lens, aftermarket focusing screen, batteries and 4 GB SD card

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K2000

Asking Price
$270 USD (all-inclusive; $240 for everything but the lens)

Item Location
Horsham (United States)

Item Description
Condition: Functions perfectly. Cosmetically, there are some very fine/light scratches on the LCD and a little dust around the viewfinder (which I will clean as well as I can). The strap currently on it is a little worn, but I'll be including a brand-new K-r strap. This has pretty much always been kept in a bag or case with silica packets.

Reason for selling: I've been generally very happy with this camera, but find myself doing a lot more indoor/low-light shooting, which is not this model's forte, so I recently upgraded to a K-r. I'd love to keep this as a backup because it really makes a great outdoor/natural light camera, but finances being what they are, I can't justify keeping 2 DSLRs around.

Includes: Original box, kit lens (note, it was purchased as a two-lens kit - 18-55 and 50-200 - but I sold the 50-200 off a couple years back, so only the 18-55 is included) and other accessories (USB and AV cables, CD, body cap and twist-on rear cap for lens). The lens has a Hoya UV filter and (not pictured) a filter-thread-mount lens hood. The lens cap is not original, but a similarly-styled replacement. I also have a leashed lens cap in the same style which will be included at no additional cost. I'll also include 8 Energizer Ni-Mh rechargeable batteries and a charger (these have only been through about 4 or 5 cycles each and I'll "condition" and charge them before shipping). Also, I installed a cheapie (Cowboystudios) diagonal split focusing screen. It's not the best quality, but it does help with manual focus lenses. The packaging and original focusing screen will be included should you wish to switch it back. Finally, I'll include a new K-r strap (as mentioned previously) and a 4GB SD card. So, everything you need to start shooting will be in the box.

Photos:
(sorry for the sub-par quality; I hadn't received the K-r yet when these were taken, so I had to use my old DiMAGE Z-5 P&S)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
US shipping included, $10 to Canada, will not ship elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail (Insurance & Tracking included)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Within 7 days, I will refund payment if item is not as described. However, buyer is responsible for equivalent return shipping (e.g. Insured & Tracked USPS Priority Mail).

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by wedge; 04-09-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: price drop
04-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for a slight price drop. Also, for some samples shot with this exact camera and lens, you can go HERE. These are pretty much straight from the camera, but a few had exposure adjustments done in iPhoto. Not my best work ever, but the limitation is the person behind the camera, not the camera itself
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for another price drop. I'd also be willing to accept partial trades...in particular I wouldn't mind a nice prime in the 85-135 range.
04-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hello,

I am very interested in the K2000 you have for sale.

I am recently been getting back into photography and looking for an entry DSLR at a good price. I have a several lenses from an older K1000 that I learned on that belonged to my father. From what i understand the older lenses still fit on the new Pentax DSLRs.

I can probably make you an offer (or purchase) by this weekend. Hopefully you will still have it then. If not then my loss.

04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Fulcrum,

For reference, the photos below were all taken with a Pentax SMC-A 50/f1.7 lens on this K2000:

Last edited by wedge; 04-07-2012 at 03:29 AM.
04-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for another slight price drop. If it doesn't sell at this price, I'll just keep it for now.
04-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #7

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hey Wedge,

Thanks for the reference shots. I want it! Can't afford it untill after the 15th. Can you hang on to it untill then?
How do you want to do payment? PM me the details.

Also are those shots at the max resolution? everything I have seen so far seem small. Can you put some larger shots up somewhere or email to me directly? Thanks!
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM sent

04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sale Pending