PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax A* 600 f5.6

Asking Price
$2400 USD

Item Location
Apiary, Oregon (United States)

Item Description
This is a classic Pentax A*600 f5.6.... Here is your chance if you don't want to wait
for the announced by not delivered DA 560 5.6 which may be available some day at some price.

I've owned this puppy for a good number of years and most of those years I hated it and then I found a good Pentax repair shop and had it cleaned, greased and repaired as needed. I'd bought this gem on Ebay and had no idea that it wasn't working properly
but after it was repaired (a couple of missing screws replaced), it's factory original mechanically and kind of fun to use. The optics are clear and fungus free, and it comes
in a legendary Pentax Trunk, which has enough extra space (length) that you can put
the lens in the case with a camera or converter on the lens.

It does need a tripod, and the tripod bracket is way off balance so you need a long
offset plate. (I've used a swiss-arca 200 mm offset plate---which is a little longer than needed.... and the lens is very happy on a gimbal head.

although the lense is shown with camera bodies, gimble heads etc. they are not included in the sale. what you get is the Lens, case, front leather lens cap and traditional rear lens cap. Also included are 3ea 48 mm filters that were in the case
when I bought the lens some years ago. They are an Orange, medium yellow (for B&W films) and an 81B color correction filter. Never mind that the lens actually takes 49mm
screw in filters in the drop in tray in the back of it. There is a nice place in the trunk
for the filters so I'll include them instead of throwing them away.

The front of the lens is threaded 112mm (the same as the A*300 f/2.8) and I have seen front filters and polarizers on ebay for that size.....

Like any Pentax-A lens it does not auto focus, and though some would say otherwise, I wouldn't reccommend this lens for matching with the Pentax AF-adapter which is widely used as a converter that effectively also makes the lens AF. --- While there is no problem with the 'conversion feature' unless you got really good light, a lens that starts out at F/5.6 ends up being below the useful range of AF with a converter so I wouldn't figure on going there.

the lens has strap hangers on the back of it, and even a strap in included, but I have no idea if the lens carrying strap included is original or aftermarket. As for the cosmetic condition, I've rated it 'good' based on some missing paint around the back of the barrel and the very rear of the lens. Not scratches, so much as rub marks.

And no, I'm not bolting pentax or going anywhere. Instead I've managed to get my hands on an FA*600 f/4, and even with LBA
I can't think of a rational compeling reason to have both a 600 F4 AND a 600 f/5.6 in my lens bag.

(these are all thumnails---click on the photos to expand)

The green reflection is just that-- a reflection of the trees behind me.

The 4th and 6th photos are included primarily to show the paint wear.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
$75 in US

Shipping Services
any

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
return accepted

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by rvannatta; 04-06-2012 at 06:44 PM.
04-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Do you have any photos taken with this particular copy? Could you post some? Also, what is your return policy? Thanks, Pepe.
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Do you have any photos taken with this particular copy? Could you post some? Also, what is your return policy? Thanks, Pepe.

This one was taken wide open at 1/60th of a second.
04-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Nice lens :O

GLWS.

04-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by A-Craig Quote
Nice lens :O

GLWS.
I really love the beach picture. a bit of optical illusion here as is normal for a telephoto the compress distances---that's what we pay the big bucks for, but when I look at it I'm always thinking and asking why are those folks looking for sand dollars instead of running.?
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
...why are those folks looking for sand dollars instead of running.?
Or swimming, or surfing!
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Or swimming, or surfing!
That I understand. This is the Oregon Coast. the water is COLD and famous for undertows. There aren't a lot of survivors of people who go in the water. this photo was taken off the North Jetty of the Siuslaw River at Florence, OR. the day I took these photos there was a guy in a wetsuit surfing the breakers in the mouth of the river...

04-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Great lens!

I've taken lots of nature shots with my copy. It takes some practice to master but the results can be stunning.

Sig
04-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sigmoid Quote
I've taken lots of nature shots with my copy. It takes some practice to master but the results can be stunning.

Sig
agreed. Don't think anyone claims that an exotic lens is easy to use.
04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
This is a classic Pentax A*600 f5.6.... Here is your chance if you don't want to wait
for the announced by not delivered DA 560 5.6 which may be available some day at some price.
sent you a PM