Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 ($280) and Pentax-M 100mm f/4 Macro ($80)

I am selling two Pentax lenses that I really don't need. Please, read carefully the item description below.

1) (SOLD) Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 in excellent cosmetic and perfect optical and mechanical condition. Glass elements are crystal clear and free of any issue (No scratches, haze, mold, fungus, or anything else that could affect images. I also don't see any dust dust particles inside). The body of the lens is mint. The only sign of wear are not on the actual lens body, but on the lens hood and lens cap. Since the cap screws-on the lens hood, there is slight brassing (silvering) on the cap treads as well as on the hood treads. These are purely cosmetic and don't affect functionality at all. Cap of course screws smoothly on the lens hood and hood itself screws nicely on the lens. The lens comes with the genuine Pentax lens hood, both genuine Pentax lens caps, soft Pentax lens pouch, original retail box, and user manual. I am the second owner of the lens. I got it on eBay about 6 weeks ago. This was one of my compulsive photography gear buying (I got K-5 and love it so much that at some point I was buying both lenses that I need and I don't need). My price for this lens is $280 and it is below the average eBay prices. This price will include USPS Priority Mail shipping (within CONUS only) and PayPal fee.

2) (SOLD) Pentax-M SMC 100mm f/4 Macro. This lens has an issue, so please read carefully. I got this lens on eBay at the same time I got 40mm lens. The seller mentioned that the lens had a lot of dust inside and needed cleaning. Since I fixed few Pentax lenses in the past, I purchased the lens. I removed the optical elements and cleaned the lens. However, after putting back the glass, I notice that I left some smudges on the optics. I removed the glass again and cleaned the glass one more time. When looking at the individual glass elements, they looked perfectly clean. However, after putting them back, I see the internal marks/smudges on the glass again. It seems that they don't affect images, but I can't be 100% certain since I don't have another same lens to make a comparison. I can of course email you some test shots, so you can be a judge. I also need to mention that, in the process of removing glass elements, I left some scratches on the front ring (one that has engraved lens specs and holds the front glass). I am asking $80 for this lens. PP fees and Priority Mail shipping (within CONUS only) will be included. The body of the lens looks fine and shows just normal brassing. Mechanically, the lens perfectly works. Focusing is fine, aperture ring rotates well (each position nicely "clicks"), and aperture blades are clean, oil-free and snappy.

I will post some pictures of the actual lenses later this evening. I can also email you some pictures taken with these lenses if you are seriously interested. I recently purchased a couple of items here on this forum, so I don't have many feedbacks here. However, you can check my record at FredMiranda.com and eBay under the same user name (ddjchemist).

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by ddjchemist; 04-13-2012 at 08:10 PM.
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
pm sent
04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
SALE for 40mm lens pending!

---------- Post added 04-13-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

40mm Lens is SOLD!!
04-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member