PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Nexto DI portable hard drive - $75

Asking Price
$75

Item Location
West Virginia (United States)

Item Description
This is a portable hard drive, meant for storing pictures directly from your SD (or other) card without needing a computer. Useful in the field, you download its contents to your computer via a USB cable when you get home.

A bit of explanation is required: I bought the 160GB version of this device a few years ago, intending to use it when traveling. It served me well for a few years, then developed a problem – the computer couldn’t see it when it was connected. It was out of warranty, but I sent it to Nexto’s domestic office in L.A. for an estimate. They offered to repair it for free, but had to order a part from Korea. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually, they offered to replace it with a 250 GB that they had sitting around. Since it wasn’t going to cost me anything and I was tired of waiting, I agreed.

This is the one they sent me. As you can see, it’s had kind of a hard life – there are scratches on the back, and it shows signs of handling, but it works. This particular model is out of production, but B&H is a dealer and has the current version. The current ones are better, in my opinion, since they actually show you thumbnails of the images. This does not, it just shows you text that indicates the copying status. However, the current models are a lot more expensive; I think I paid about $225 for this one.

I’ve since acquired another such device (Wolverine) and don’t need this one. Considering its condition, I’m asking $75 for it. That includes the device, a USB cable, the AC power/charging unit, and the ridiculously lame User’s Guide. I think a better guide is available from their website. The one that came with it is not much more than a typewritten couple of pages, but it will get you going. Price includes PayPal fees and domestic shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included within US

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Guaranteed not DOA; otherwise, no returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by dshombert; 02-16-2014 at 11:28 AM.
04-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
bump to the top
04-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
bump 'er back up
04-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member