PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
67II Kit from Heaven

Asking Price
$3950 USD

Item Location
Montana (United States)

Item Description
Everyone has their own interpretation of the Ultimate Kit. This medium format kit is mine. Start with a modern 67II body and normal lens (100mm in 67 terms). This normal is also a macro capable of 1:1 and this thing is really sharp. Add in a highly corrected super wide and an ED super telephoto and that's the bulk of the kit. Top it off with an extreme range Tilt Lens and a few adapters including an adapter to K mount DSLR's. Can't believe I'm getting out of it, but I covet other items right now.

This is my personal ultimate kit:

67II with AE finder and L bracket
SMC Pentax M*300/4 EDIF with soft case, RRS QR bracket, B+W 05-R filter
SMC Pentax 100/4 Macro with Lifesize Converter, soft case, Pentax Cloudy (warming) filter
SMC Pentax 45/4 with 82mm bayonet Cloudy filter
Zoerk Multi-Focus Unit with Rodenstock 105/4 plus Macro converter accessories
1.4 XL teleconverter
B+W 82mm Kaseman Circular Polarizer with skylight tone

Grid screen, K mount adapter, shade for wide angle, cable release, Pelican 1500 case (way smaller than carry on limit)

Tons of additional accessories may be added as needed. Several dozen rolls of Velvia and Provia included. I also have an M*400/4 kit for sale in a different listing.

I bought everything but the tilt system new and have boxes etc. Everything but tilt system is in 9+ condition. The Zoerk is a 7 with a 9+ Rodenstock lens.

Lots of "prove it" photos on my website. Series One Gallery is almost entirely shot with this kit.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$25 to Conus, quoted elsewhere, insurance required

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, Fed Ex

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
30 day return policy. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Wow, nice selection. Good luck with the sale, wish i had the $$
04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Im interested in the zoerk only
04-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Original Poster
If the kit doesn't sell as a complete unit (they seldom do), then I'll bust out pieces. Let me give it a couple weeks as a complete kit, then busting it up will be necessary.

With the Zoerk there is a mini-kit too. There is a 40.5 mm circular polarizer and warming filter for the Rodenstock. Have a 58mm Pentax multi-element close-up lens originally for 645 system normal lenses that steps down to the 40.5 Rodenstock making it a very passable macro.

04-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
bump.
04-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Hello Ron,

Can I find out on the macro 100 6X7 lens with converter. ? Does it work with 645D with adapter?or with K5.?

What about the Zoerk? I have never use this lens before. Could you kindly elaborate a little

I am still in macro mode.....

marcus
05-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey Marcus,

I see you have put that macro lens to great use! Lots of great posts here in the forum.

Both the 100 Macro and the Zoerk adapt onto my K5 and will adapt onto a 645D. I have the K mount adapter with the tripod mount on it. The adapters are pretty simple and you get the full range of focus using the adapters. You have to use stop down metering with the adapter I'm using, but that's not a problem with the big stop down lever on the medium format lenses. This macro is as sharp or sharper than the A* I sold you. It goes to 1:2 on the focus ring, then for 1:1 you screw in a highly corrected, matched close-up lens. I think it's a triplet? It definitely has multiple elements and is quite heavy for its size. I have made 30x40 prints from the combo and my printer has had people argue with him that it must be large format. The sharpness and color fidelity is stunning. Perspective is a bit different since 1:1 on a 6x7 with 100mm is somewhat equivalent to a 50mm macro on 35mm. This is the latest model macro design from the Pentax medium format team and they really prove it on this lens! I think I did a lens review on this lens in the database...

The Zoerk can best be understood by referencing their website. I haven't been there in years, but they have very good descriptive content about the tilt function and the design of their product. You should be able to search for Zork or Zoerk Multi-Focus Unit. While you are researching there, you will see that they offer a macro conversion kit for this unit. I have built my own macro conversion set up by stepping down a 58mm Pentax close-up lens designed for 645 normal lenses. As the above description, it is a multi-element close-up lens that produces superb images. The Zoerk offers extended depth of field by tilting the lens in any direction. It has a very large amount of tilt available. I think it's as much as 20 degrees if I remember right? For macro use, the tilt function really enhances the depth of field. The lens is a very sharp apochromatic Rodenstock enlarger lens.

So are you shooting a 645D yet?

05-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Hey Marcus,

I see you have put that macro lens to great use! Lots of great posts here in the forum.

Both the 100 Macro and the Zoerk adapt onto my K5 and will adapt onto a 645D. I have the K mount adapter with the tripod mount on it. The adapters are pretty simple and you get the full range of focus using the adapters. You have to use stop down metering with the adapter I'm using, but that's not a problem with the big stop down lever on the medium format lenses. This macro is as sharp or sharper than the A* I sold you. It goes to 1:2 on the focus ring, then for 1:1 you screw in a highly corrected, matched close-up lens. I think it's a triplet? It definitely has multiple elements and is quite heavy for its size. I have made 30x40 prints from the combo and my printer has had people argue with him that it must be large format. The sharpness and color fidelity is stunning. Perspective is a bit different since 1:1 on a 6x7 with 100mm is somewhat equivalent to a 50mm macro on 35mm. This is the latest model macro design from the Pentax medium format team and they really prove it on this lens! I think I did a lens review on this lens in the database...

The Zoerk can best be understood by referencing their website. I haven't been there in years, but they have very good descriptive content about the tilt function and the design of their product. You should be able to search for Zork or Zoerk Multi-Focus Unit. While you are researching there, you will see that they offer a macro conversion kit for this unit. I have built my own macro conversion set up by stepping down a 58mm Pentax close-up lens designed for 645 normal lenses. As the above description, it is a multi-element close-up lens that produces superb images. The Zoerk offers extended depth of field by tilting the lens in any direction. It has a very large amount of tilt available. I think it's as much as 20 degrees if I remember right? For macro use, the tilt function really enhances the depth of field. The lens is a very sharp apochromatic Rodenstock enlarger lens.

So are you shooting a 645D yet?
Thanks for elaborating, Ron.

I may just want to have a try on the 67 macro lens with a screwed on lens, that will add to 1:1 magnification. I have read the lens review section and seems impresive. I have not gotten a 645d and still using a K5. so I will be looking an adapter later on. The match close up lens, is that the original ones from Pentax? Any link to macro images on bokeh and subjects.. tks.

marcus
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The matched close-up lens is the Pentax model that ships standard with the lens in its own Pentax mini-case visible under the lens on the right in the photo. Also, this lens has a trumpet shaped lens hood with 77mm threads on the outer edge. For beyond 1:1 I add the Pentax filter inside the hood then add a Canon 77mm 500D multi-element close-up lens on the outer end (hood holds it far enough away to count as telephoto which is what that close-up lens requires). Even "garbaged up" like that with two close-up lenses it still resolves really sharply...and I'm very picky.

For images, I apologize in advance. My old website is trying to die. I can only get into the Series 1 gallery through Internet Explorer and it takes some time to download the images, and they have somehow gone soft. Rest assured those images are actually tack sharp, just my website is dull, soft and washed out! The Series 1 gallery is the spot you want to look. It's my best fine art images and most were shot through that 100 Macro. Some are standard Intimate Landscapes and some are macro. Here is the list that was shot through the 100 Macro: Canyon Creek; Basalt Fall; Yellowknife Spine; Disappearing Falls 1; Iced Roses; Grey Lichens; Tundra; Sunset Whisp; Splash; Sea Stacks; Persistence. Then for bokeh (which I don't do much of) check Impression of Sunset which shows nice smooth bokeh even stopped down a bit to allow the background to be marginally recognizable. Also, Impressions of Fall is an extreme example designed to actually render the circles of confusion as if they are clusters of grapes. The crappy web rendering doesn't do it justice and I can't remember what f stop I was at for that shot...those were all shot on film.
05-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Marcus--I found a shot that shows the tilt effect of the Zoerk lens pretty well. Not a great photo, but note the focus on the foreground flower plus the sharp focus on the cactus pad and buds quite some distance behind the bloom. If you note the depth of field as it drops below the focal plane it isn't nearly as deep as the tilt aided focus from bloom to pad.

The Zoerk unit is on the far right in the picture of the gear.
Attached Images

05-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Ron,

I have sent you a message.

Guess I am keen only on the macro.

You have Jonny1986 for the zoerk .

And when you are ready to break it up..........

marcus
05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I am interested in the camera + 1 normal lens....
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
And I already have first dibs on the 45mm.
05-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Thanks Ron...

I know I have got a good deal from you. Just waiting for your account. Paypal or direct transfer....

I know, you are still waiting to confirm with the rest of the interested parties..

marcus
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm still dreaming that someone is going to take the kit.

Figured someone who had always dreamed of shooting medium format would--in one swipe of the VISA card--have the whole shebang to visit any mega-destination or park totally equipped. I've flown this kit with me to Alaska and RV'ed it through Utah and Arizona. All over Western Canada...Banff, Vancouver Island or way up in Northwest Territories on the Arctic coast in Inuvialuit whaling camp. It's a pro field set up...ready to adventure TODAY!

Did I mention that the kit comes with several dozen rolls of Velvia, Provia and E100VS...and a few other odd rolls? They are all in the deep freeze and include lots of original Velvia 50 from before the change.

Somebody who already booked the trip of a lifetime this summer really should consider taking this kit along for the experience. If you know how to shoot aperture priority, the technique is exactly the same as shooting that way with a brand new DSLR. After a fun summer playing the game to the fullest, you can decide if you want to keep going or you can sell off the pieces of the kit for more than you paid for it.

Oh well, many of you who are waiting for me bust up the kit are good photo friends. I won't regret selling to any of you folks!