Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
SILVER FA 31mm Limited f1.8 (Made in Japan!)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SILVER FA 31mm Limited f1.8 (Made in Japan!)

Asking Price
see description

Item Location
Boise, ID (United States)

Item Description

The FA 31mm f1.8 Limited is a lens which needs no introduction. But what you may not know is that the country that these are manufactured in has changed, from Japan to Vietnam to China. I'm not going to say that lenses made in countries other than Japan are necessarily inferior, but I would ask you why a company changes their country of manufacture. We both know it is to cut costs. One must ask themselves: "Is a company interested in cutting costs on a product is going to produce a better product than the original?"

The bottom line is that to many people, nothing but a "Made in Japan" Limited will do. If you are one of those people, there is no better time to snag this one. Prices on the FA lenses (including the used ones) will go up if & when Pentax announces a full frame DSLR (i happen to think it is coming sooner than you think).

This is your opportunity to snag a gorgeous "Made in Japan" FA 31mm f1.8 Limited in excellent condition, with original caps, bag, and box. Serial No. 0019518

Look at images created with the 31mm Limited on Pentax Photo Gallery (click the image below):

First $1199 takes (plus actual cost shipping/insurance). (NO GIFT payments, please). I will be happy to calculate shipping/insurance to your location (serious only, please).
(Check out eBay searching for "Made in Japan" if you think that this price is unreasonable.) Also, keep in mind that the "average" price on the reviews page is wildly inaccurate when it comes to low serial number "Made in Japan" copies in this condition.

I will be happy to ship worldwide to Pentax Forum members with excellent feedback. Insurance will be mandatory and actual cost shipping/insurance will be calculated.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual cost

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return policy. Selling price, but not shipping, refunded if not 100% happy. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 05-02-2012 at 08:19 AM.
05-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
good luck with the sale. i love the 31 Ltd.
interestingly, in the snapshot page from PPG you posted, i see 3 of my pics there but only one was shot with the 31, others were the 77 and the A50 (traveling nifty fifty). I will investigate as it is possible i mis-labeled the images since the K5 does not include the info automatically in the EXIF.
05-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
what are the little dots of reflection on the 3rd pic?
05-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
PM replied to.

No idea if that is reflections or dust, but here is a better picture I just took after checking the lens closely again. The front element is crystal, no issues at all, front or back
glass. Excellent mechanically as well.

I noticed some very minor wear on the inside edges of the lens hood (in several places), which is the closest thing to an apology that this lens has. That is examining it with a very critical eye.

05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
A few PMs sent! :evil: Thanks for the extra photo of the front elements...
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
SOLD to the gentleman in New York.

The "Made in Japan" low serial number 43mm Limited is still available (as I type this, anyway).

Did I mention how smart FA lens buyers are in positioning themselves for the rumored Pentax Full Frame to be introduced soon? (I, for one, believe it is happening sooner rather than later).
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Voe
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
Did I mention how smart FA lens buyers are in positioning themselves for the rumored Pentax Full Frame to be introduced soon? (I, for one, believe it is happening sooner rather than later).
So what does it mean the FA lens sellers are..?

05-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
I was going to ask the same...
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Moving to Medium Format?