Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
SMC-Pentax FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 - Rare high quality lens!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC-Pentax FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 - Rare high quality lens!

Asking Price
$180 total shipped

Item Location
Chicago, IL (United States)

Item Description
For sale is a hard to find great quality per dollar SMC-Pentax FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 lens. Its hard to find for good reasons! I've moved on to Canon full frame, and I have decided to let go of my first SLR love, the Pentax K10D, and the lenses I accumulated. This is by far my favorite Pentax lens that I've ever used. I got very lucky since it was included with my camera in absolute mint condition used just 2 or 3 times by the previous owner. It's small but built like a tank weighing 19 ounces with smooth but sturdy mechanics, has a great flexible zoom range, excellent corner to corner sharpness, clarity, contrast, color reproduction, and low distortion; an overall excellent IQ! Bokeh is the one thing not so good with this lens, but this is absolutely perfect for anything that needs to be sharp and detailed.

One possibly negative thing about this specific lens is that the clear plastic barrier that used to cover the focal length indicator has popped off and was lost in the field. Not sure which field, but in a field! lol. It has been covered with a carefully measured piece of thick tape to prevent dirt/dust from entering the lens at that point. It is shown in the photo and has worked just fine for over a year just as the thicker plastic cover did. It even seals it better in regards to liquid.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-FA-28-105mm-F4-5.6-Power-Zoom-Lens.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included in price

Shipping Services
USPS, FedEx, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal, Amazon Payments

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns; item is tested, in excellent working order, and in excellent optical and mechanical condition.

Please send me a private message interested in the item! General questions welcome publicly.

Last edited by Overfocused; 05-23-2012 at 01:18 PM.
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Original Poster
Bump!
05-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #3

Original Poster
Bump!
05-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #4

Original Poster
Sold, shipped, and received by buyer!