Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pentax DA* 300mm f4 + Hoya HMC UV filter + Kenko 1.5x Pz-AF TC package deal

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA* 300mm f4 (package deal w/ Kenko 1.5x Pz-AF teleconverter and Hoya HMC UV filter)

Asking Price
$1250 for the lens + UV filter + TC (USD)

Item Location
Illinois (United States)

Item Description
I will pay for shipping and package insurance. I will double box the package and do my best to make sure it arrives to you in the condition it is in now. The package will be sent by UPS within a few days of payment received (I have a large UPS hub pretty close to where I live). I will probably be sending it ground unless you want to pay extra for air (how much that costs, I don't know).

I'll consider a discount if you have a FA* 24mm f2 lens in good condition you are looking to trade.

What I'm selling:
- (original owner, bought from J&R online a few years ago) Pentax DA* 300mm f4 lens with hood, caps, and and carrying case. My experience thus far has been good. I have not had any issues with the SDM not functioning. I have also tried the lens with my *ist D using screwdrive successfully. It has some normal scuffing where the hood attaches to the lens and on the bottom of the tripod mount. The glass is scratch free and looks clean as far as I can tell (I always use a UV filter). Download the full resolution images I took to see for yourself. I have some test photos on there as well that I just took (aperture priority at iso 80 from f4 to f5.6 at night in a small room on a tripod using 2-second timer).

- (original owner bought from Adorama) A Hoya HMC 77mm UV filter. This filter always stays on the lens. I will include it with the lens. These go for $50+ new on sites like Adorama.

- (original owner bought from Pentax Forums seller in Japan) a Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x teleconverter. These are hard to find these days and go for $300+ on ebay. The Kenko is one of few teleconverters that "work" with SDM. It is slower, but it does focus (look at one of my Youtube videos below).

Photos I just took of the lens and a basic few samples (you can download full resolution from here):
scottjwaldron.com | DA* 300

Why I'm selling it?
I don't use it that often. Most of the use has been at airshows (note that any image with EXIF for the lens might or might not have had the teleconverter attached) and the occasional outing into nature or the backyard. I want a FA* 24mm f2 lens and eventually something new to replace my ailing second camera body, so I'm looking for ways to finance that without it being totally out of pocket. The DA* 300 is an amazing lens, but doesn't fit my style as well as I would like (the lens is small for what it is, but big enough I wouldn't take it to conventions). I'm usually taking photos of things much closer, so my goal here is to give someone what they want and in return I'll be able to more toward the equipment I will best benefit from.

The lens/teleconverter in action on my site:
DA* 300mm and Kenko 1.5x Pz AF at the Airshow Absolute Sharpness | photographybanzai.com
Photography: In Flight | photographybanzai.com
Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x Teleplus SHQ with SDM Auto-focus | photographybanzai.com
Lens Review: Pentax DA* 300mm F4 SDM | photographybanzai.com

I do have some Youtube videos as well:

Thanks

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I'll consider a return based on the circumstances less any shipping costs within 3 days UPS said the package arrived. I'll need a good reason though. If you have concerns, ask before we make a deal. I'm doing all that I can to give you a good idea of what you are buying.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-08-12 at 04:46 PM ----------

Last edited by sjwaldron; 05-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
response

message sent
05-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote
message sent
Thanks. I responded, let me know.

---------- Post added 05-09-12 at 08:33 PM ----------

Another slight discount, now this is a package deal only. I never used the TC on any other lens, so there isn't any reason I should keep it if I sell the 300.

Last edited by sjwaldron; 05-09-2012 at 08:42 PM.
05-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Added a picture of the items in a box ready to ship. If no one has interest in a while, I'll be taking it out and consigning it at my local camera shop. :S

Price reduction an additional $50.