Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pentax K20D Digital SLR converted to 665nm Amplified IR infrared *Price dropped*

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K20D Digital SLR converted to 665nm Amplified IR infrared Price dropped to $500.

Asking Price
See below

Item Location
Golden, CO (United States)

Item Description
Pentax K20D Converted to InfraRed capture (Amplified 665nm filter)
Also has upgraded with Pentax LL-80 AF Divided Matte Screen for easier compositions.
Includes D-BG2 Grip and 6 batteries (3 genuine Pentax, 3 aftermarket)
Ships in original box with manuals, discs, 2 chargers, strap, cables, etc.

This is a lightly used (fewer than 3000 shutter actuations) Pentax K20D body with D-BG2 grip, 6 batteries, a 2nd charger, manual, and all normally included accessories (charger, cables, strap, etc.).
This camera was professionally converted to capture IR images. It has an Amplified 665nm filter (Spencers Camera & Photo Digital Camera Infrared (IR) Conversions, Modifications and IR Photography :: IR Comparisons - Page 1) which means it captures some visible spectrum along with infrared. Please note however that it is no longer suitable for standard color image capture without further modification.

Both LCDs have hard screen protectors on them. The camera has been very well cared for and is in very good condition. The camera was professionally cleaned last year.

The camera may be covered by an extended warranty good through May 2013 but I'm not sure if it is still valid since the camera has been modified.

These items are used but in very good condition. They operate perfectly and there are minimal cosmetic signs of wear. See the pictures above.

Here are some sample images. They have all been adjusted in Lightroom. I generally make slight adjustments to clarity, vibrance, and saturation, and sometimes the tone curve. The B&W shots were fully desatured. The two with a red tint (1 above, 1 below) were only desatured around 75% or so.
ISO 1600, 1/500 sec, f/8.0 (I forgot to reset ISO from another shoot)
ISO 200, 1/125 sec, f/8.0
ISO 200, 1/125 sec, aperture unrecorded (LensBaby)
ISO 200, 1/250 sec, f/8.0
ISO 200, 1/80 sec, f/5.6
ISO 1600, 1/200 sec, f/6.3

The camera is also listed on that world famous auction site under the username jmbach. You can go there to check my feedback (726 positives since Feb 1998)

$18 Shipping to addresses in the continental U.S. I'll need to add a $30 surcharge to Alaska & Hawaii (that's what FedEx and USPS will charge me)

Price dropped to $500.

I'm also open to a trade towards a Sigma 100-300 f4 or Pentax DA* 60-250 lens. I'll obviously pony up some cash in addition to this camera.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Varies

Shipping Services
FedEx, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 days to evaluate camera. After that all sales final.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by kneebuster; 05-21-2012 at 02:06 PM.
05-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop. Now $500