Contax G2 Black Camera Body

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Contax G2 Black Camera Body (Ref# 272)

Asking Price

Item Location
AZ (United States)

Item Description
The famous G2 in excellent condition. Works great, no issues of any kind. Minor signs of normal use on the paint. Will arrive with a silver Contax body cap as I lost the original black one. Release button contacts replaced (new) by TOCAD in 2007, they also adjusted the AF assembly.

Shipping in CONUS included in the price. For PayPal, add 3.5%. International shipping available with mandatory insurance. I am unable to claim "gift" on the international customs form. Lens is *not* included but is otherwise available for sale.

*** Click HERE for additional photos of the camera***

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included in CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
I really hate dealing with shipping and thus try very very hard to make sure the item is exactly as described. I would be happy to have anyone local here in the Phoenix area examine it for you before it is sold. There are several photo stores here, easy to look up.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-16-12 at 22:35 ----------

PMs replied. For folks not very familiar with the G2, I recommend these two weblinks:

Link 1
Link 2

Last edited by akptc; 05-16-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: added partial SN as I will be selling another body
05-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
What are you asking for this lens and do you have any different lenses?
Also, how long have you owned it and why are you selling?

Rich M
05-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 22 (100%)
Original Poster
Rich, I plan to post the 35-70 at $695. I also have the 21, 28, 45, 90 in black. Other G-series items that I will be selling time permitting are two TLA200 black flashes, TLA80, TLA360, G1 green sticker body, some cables, full cases for the G2 and the G1, and another black G2. All items in excellent to like new condition.
Cheers,
Andy
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Forum Member

Thanks Andy - One of the reasons i am comfortable purchasing from folks on the forum is that they typically have used the equipment themselves, the camera, the lenses, etc. Have you used these cameras? Do you have any images taken with them? I see a great many G2s up for sale and am continuing to do research as to why that is.

Any particular issues with these cameras you know? What is the condition of the other G2 you have?

Thanks,

Rich

05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Rich, sorry, I forgot the 2nd part of your original question. I've put together this G-system over a period of about a year, a few years ago, mostly from KEH.com, some from other forums. I've used all 3 bodies and all of the lenses from time to time with excellent results, mostly for slide and some b&w film. With some luck, I might be able to find some scans over the weekend but frankly, I am not sure I see the point of that.. The 2nd G2 is in even nicer cosmetic condition that the one listed above, mechanically 100%.
Andy
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
Forum Member

Thanks - so what are you asking for the 2nd G2 (the better black one) and what are your prices for the other lenses? I'm in Colorado - where are you in AZ? I assume the lenses are "mint" based on your usage.

Rich
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I plan to price the lenses and accessories out this weekend, Sunday probably. In the meantime, if you'd like to check KEH.com's prices for LN lenses, take off a few points and make me a reasonable offer, I am game. The other body, I am thinking $650.
Andy
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Forum Member

Glad to hear you are flexible. If I move forward, I'd probably be looking t a package deal for a camera, two lenses a case, possibly a flash and a cable release - although the write up on the cable release by Rockwell is not all that great. And I rarely use flash - have you used your flashes with the camera?

Rich

05-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am open to all reasonable offers. I used the TLA280 the most (it's lighter and smaller than the 360). The flash did well, I mainly used it to catch snaps of my constantly moving daughter, continuous shooting mode and the flash did the trick.
05-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
Forum Member

As I read Ken Rockwell's comments, I see numerous ones that talk about the camera often not auto focusing properly and you need to make 2-3 attempts and sometimes, going manual and focusing yourself.

Any experience with that?

Rich
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Rich,

Focusing has not been a problem for me (hint: use your thumb and know the frame corners).

The G2 has its fans and its detractors. There is LOTS to read on the net about the G-system. Since this stuff is not cheap, I read tons of personal reviews before getting into it. I bought it for the glass and the ergonomics. I kept it for the stunning IQ it can achieve. I would keep it now if I had the time to deal with film in the foreseeable future.

Andy