Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
M42 Telephoto Lenses

I'm on the hunt for an M42 telephoto, between 135 and 200mm. I'd absolutely kill for a 200mm f/3.5, but I'm also very interested in the 135mm f/3.5 for it's small size.

I love the build of the M42 mount lenses, so I'm not overly interested in the K-mount versions of these telephoto primes, but if the price is reasonable then I might consider.

Focusing is important, so ideally the focus should still be very smooth (that's my main priority). And the optics should be free of scratches and fungus, but a little dust is to be expected. Broken filter rings aren't too much of an issue, though I'd rather have a working filter thread. Aperture blades should be free of oil and full operational.

I'm not afraid to open lenses up though, as I've done it quite a few times, so if you've got a very dusty lens going then I might be interested. Not so much for fungus though. Maybe if it's REALLY slight.

Cosmetically, I don't care if it has swastikas carved into it (I kind of do actually), so long as the focus is smooth and the optics clear. Dents, scratches, scrapes and missing markings don't bother me in the slightest.

I'd be willing to pay £60 plus delivery for the 200 f/3.5, 135 f/2.5 or 150 f/4, and somewhere around the £30-40 mark for others. Let me know what's available and I'll tell you what I'm willing to pay for it.

Or if you have any suggestions for an excellent manual focus telephoto prime that isn't monstrously gigantic let me know!

05-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 25 (96%)
PM sent with images.