PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 75-205 f3.8 Close Focus zoom lens, with Pentax K mount

Asking Price

Item Location
Nova Scotia (Canada)

Item Description
Vivitar 75-205 f3.8 Close Focus zoom lens, with Pentax K mount

This is the two-touch, all-metal version. In great shape.Glass & multi-coating in great shape, as is the lens barrel.

Aperture snappy and free of oil. Comes with metal lens hood,back cap, lovely metal vivitar front cap, and lens case.

I’m selling this because I also have the Pentax 55-300, andI hate to see a lens go un-used.

This is a manual, solid lens that is quite sharp, with nicec olours and contrast. The close focus works very well too – not 1:1 macro, but lets you get quite close. The lens gets good reviews. It’s for folks wanting that old-school look & feel. It ain't an ulta-small lens!

One thing…the aperture lever protection ring on the rear mount gets in the way of many modern Pentax DSLR internal workings (including my KX), so I took it off (I will include it). Many people with this lens do this – it does nota ffect the lens's operation in any way. You can also use a Dremel tool or something along those lines to cut the ring to size, but it isn’t really worth the bother. As long as you cap the lens when not in use, dirt won’t get in.

Looks like this sells on ebay for $33-50 on ebay.

I’m selling it here for $20 + $15 shipping in North America. Not trying to make money (I paid more for it), just want to see an unused lens get used.

A few photos of the lens, plus a quick one I shot of a beach stone, in my house, to show the close focus feel (handheld, f3.8)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
sold as is

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by skism; 11-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.
05-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop.
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
wow...if only you could ship to malaysia...
06-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
Or OZ...I would take it off your hands.