PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Auto Chinon 50mm f/1.7 Multi-Coated K Mount Lens

Asking Price
$50

Item Location
Washington, DC (United States)

Item Description
I'm selling one Auto Chinon 50mm f/1.7 Multi-Coated K Mount lens.

First the downsides: the lens shows moderate wear with some external bumps, wearing, and scratches. And the aperture ring is kind of stiff.

BUT: The the lens is otherwise in great shape with good mechanicals and unblemished optics.

And oh what optics they are. This lens is seriously, outrageously sharp.

From f/4 on, i haven't seen any fast 50 in k mount that is better. I've had Chinon 50's before, and all have been sharp, but there is something about this particular copy that just makes it stand out. On top of that, the color rendition from this lens has a lovely, highly saturated quality, and the bokeh it produces is nice and smooth. I've heard that this particular model may be optically identical to an Alpa Switar, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised. See the attached image and 100% crop below (the original is even sharper without the degradation from PF's image compression).

Lens includes rear cap and 49mm Tiffen Skylight filter.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$5 US, negotiable elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may be returned only if arriving in damaged/non-working state or inaccurately described. Buyer pays return shipping unless otherwise arranged.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by dcshooter; 07-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
I know you don't need the bump yet,but I can second that on how sharp this lens is.A lot of Pentax users out there would be quietly pleasantly surprised.I don't know dcshooter from a bar of soap, but for $50,if the optics is as good and clear as my copy,then a potential buyer won't be disappointed.
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Marketplace Reseller

Feedback Score: 74 (99%)
Original Poster
I've attached another image (the flowers) and crop to show just how disgustingly, sickeningly sharp this lens really is. And this was shot in poor light at ISO400 and 1/200. With good light and faster shutter speeds, this lens gets even better!

---------- Post added 06-06-12 at 05:19 PM ----------

Sold!