Tripod head

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tripod head

Asking Price

Item Location
Quebec city (Canada)

Item Description
I got this head as a package with a carbon fiber monopod I purchased some time ago. I got a Vanguard head for my birthday so it has to go.

The head is very well made, and quite sturdy. It has served me well so far. The only flaw it has, which is shared by many other heads, even more expensive ones, is that it will tilt down ever so slightly when you tighten it. It doesn't matter for normal use but can be an annoyance for macro work. Of course, you can do as I did before getting my new head and frame accordingly. I still have been able to shoot good macro work, and to make 14 minutes night sky exposures, with the head, and you would be hard-pressed to find any flaw with those pictures (samples available on request).

Once locked in place, the head stays firmly where you set it. There is a separate knob for panning, and a friction adjustment. The panning base is graduated. The top plate has two bubble levels, and they are well placed so they can actually be used (which can't be said of my new Vanguard head...) The plate has a quick release with a lock to keep the lever open when the plate is not there. The plate can be inserted at any of four 90° orientations, since its base is symmetrical. The friction surface of the plate is large and the camera will not slip down or swivel.The locking screw has a handle for screwing, another perk not found on my more expensive head.

I have colleagues who have purchased no-name heads from dealextreme or ebay, and this one is the best of the lot. It can hold 10 pounds of stuff. It's all metal and will serve you well.

Shipping costs will be determined by your address. I usually use the cheapest shipping method but delays vary strongly by country, so if you're not willing to wait, please request faster shipping. I will try to help you (and always have in the past) but I am not responsible for delays once the package leaves Canada. Shipping to the US usually takes about a week, but for some countries the delays have sometimes been much longer.

Prices are net for me, you pay the paypal fees.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Varies with destination

Shipping Services
Canada post or other as requested

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
To be discussed if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9100  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9100  Photo 
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
PM sent
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold. that went fast!
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
so please mark it as "sold"

06-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hiep2503 Quote
so please mark it as "sold"
I always wait a short while before doing that, in case someone tracking it on the For Sale forum wonders where it's gone.