Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Pentax-M 85mm f/2...$160 shipped in the US

I am selling Pentax-M 85mm f/2 lens in perfectly functional condition. The front glass has many superficial scratches/cleaning marks, but thats a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect images at all. Mechanically, the lens perfectly works. Aperture blades are clean & oil-free and snappy, aperture ring perfectly rotates and each aperture position clicks well, focusing is smooth. External body is in average condition. Most of the wear is usual brassing, but there is absolutely NO any structural damage. Filter ring is fine. The lens comes with the original hood. However, the hood had one of the clips broken, so I glued it. The hood permanently stays on the lens, but you can remove it if you want. The only problem is that, I am not sure if the glued clip will still stay or will brake. To be safe, I kept the hood all the time and used a larger front lens cap placed on the top of the hood. The lens will come with front and rear caps and as mentioned lens hood.
I used this lens on K-5 and loved it. I went yesterday on another Pentax buying expedition and got 77mm f/1.8 lens, so M 85mm has to go. This lens is super sharp and produces wonderful bokeh. On digital bodies it does suffer purple fridging wide open. Other that that, this is a superb lens and is highly rated. I am only asking $160, which will coves PayPal fee and Priority Mail shipping within the US. I took recently many pictures with this lens, so I can email you some full size samples if you want. I will post the pictures of the lens if anyone is interested in it.

Cheers,
Dan

06-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Dan - am interested + shipping to India. Can you post some pics of the front element please? Thanks.
06-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Original Poster
Lens is SOLD!