07-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Da* 55 1.4 [Please Read]

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA* 55 1.4

Asking Price
$470 (or $455 if using Paypal "gift" option)

Item Location
Illinois (United States)

Item Description
Selling my used DA* 55 1.4, asking $470 shipped/Paypaled (or $455 if you choose the Paypal "gift" option).

The lens focuses fine and SDM works, however, I have to mention that the lens makes a squeaking noise when I choose something I want to focus on, it will squeak once or twice before it locks focus and I get the focus confirmation beep. (I also have a DA* 50-135 which is very quite and another copy of DA* 55 that I borrowed from someone to see how it works and it also makes the same squeak, but it is quieter, almost inaudible, than the one I'm selling).

Bellow is a video of the DA* 55 that I am selling and a borrowed DA* 55.

The build of the lens and the glass is clean and without markings or scratches. When observed under normal lighting conditions, the lens is very clean inside, but in direct sun, there are some very small dust particles that can be seen.

Lens comes with aftermarket metal hood, original front and rear caps, Hoya Polarizer filter and Tiffen +4 Macro filter.

^^^ I didn't notice the little fuzzy thing above SDM and to the left of feet, it is not a scratch or anything.

And some quick sample snapshots - all JPEG taken on K20d, handheld, in green mode, no PP/editing. (and no hoods/filters)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Free to US

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Because I am posting a video of the sound that the lens makes and how loud it is compared to another DA* 55, the sale will be final.

Please ask any and all questions before deciding to buy.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Julie; 07-01-2012 at 09:44 PM.
07-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I've owned two of these in my time. The first one I owned (about 3 years ago) squeaked like hell when it focused. It focused the same speed as the one I have now; just squeaked while it did it. Did not affect the performance and the SDM never failed. It was just squeaky.
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
I've owned two of these in my time. The first one I owned (about 3 years ago) squeaked like hell when it focused. It focused the same speed as the one I have now; just squeaked while it did it. Did not affect the performance and the SDM never failed. It was just squeaky.
Noah, sounds like the same issue I have here.
For what I shoot, it doesn't cause a problem. I've even shot a baby shower and a confirmation and in both cases, no one, including myself, seemed to notice the noise. It probably would be annoying for someone who prefers shooting in quieter situations.
07-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 149 (100%)
I had a DA 17-70 which did exactly the same: no problem taking photos, but making squeaky sound when focusing. Eventually I sold it at a much lower price than its ongoing market price.

07-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 25 (100%)
PM sent