Item for Sale
Pentax DA 40mm f2.8 Limited

Asking Price
$315.00

Item Location
Oklahoma (United States)

Item Description
Pentax DA 40mm f2.8 Limited
  • Comes with both original covers, hood, pouch, box, and documentation. (That is lint on the lens hood in the photo, not a scratch)
  • No scratches, fungus, haze, etc... on glass
  • Aperture has no oil and is snappy
  • The body is in outstanding condition

Rock solid lens.

I reserve the right to choose who I sell this lens to. I prefer a buyer with a verified PayPal address and an established posting history here at Pentax Forums.

Shipping and PayPal fees are included

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS or UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-PL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-PL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-PL2  Photo 

Last edited by abcdave; 07-21-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Lowered price, added photos
07-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Lowered price (slightly)
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Edit 2

Added photos. Lowered price slightly

07-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #5

Sorry, I'm sure you're a standup guy, but there is zero chance of me sending $300+ of cash through the mail to someone I have never met.
07-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
...and yet you have no problem asking for me to assume all the risk (via PM) by avoiding PayPal and shipping to you with no signature confirmation? At least I have a marketplace history and have posted more than a handful of times. Sure, I can play your game, but you're sending me cash before I ship my lens to some internet stranger who requests payment with no seller protection and anonymous pick-up.

You should have kept this in PM, bro... Tacky.

"From:
jagra28 (New Member)
I think we can do business. Can you do UPS to arrive sometime next week, no signature, going to Los Angeles area?

Also, preferred method of payment? I can do PayPal, but if there's a way of doing like Google checkout I'd prefer that (somebody spoofed my on a PayPal account once and it makes me wary to trust them).

Thanks"
07-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #7

1) You're not avoiding all the risk, you've met your delivery obligations by being a non merchant and delivering it to a common carrier. You also get a delivery confirmation.

2) Signature on delivery is actually a protection more for buyers and merchants under the UCC. But regardless, I'm taking a 3 day exam Tues-Thurs next week, and my folks work during the day, so I couldn't guarantee that anyone would be around to sign when UPS made its drop off in our neighborhood, though they would be there that evening.

3) I said I was willing to do PayPal, but asked if you could use a different but similar service because, frankly, PayPal's security doesn't have the best track record, and I'D like to be protected.

Look, if you're married to PayPal that's fine, you could have just said that and we could have gone forward. But your suggestion that I overnight an envelope full of cash to you was way out there.