Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
PRICE DROPS! Fast Pentax (K, M, A) and Takumar MF Lenses

I have the following lenses available for sale (sold ones are removed from this list):

I have carefully (probably overly so) examined and described all lenses to avoid any disappointment. I backlight the lenses with a flashlight, which reveals anything shockingly well. Many of the lenses, as I will list, have on one of the middle elements a light coating of either dust or droplet-type haze that is visible only when backlit with a flashlight. If it is dust (which I suspect and so too others who have done the same and found the same), it is finer dust than the larger specks one can see normally. Almost all of my older lenses have this (and they all come from different sources), and I think if most people inspected their lenses this way, they’d find it too. I bought all of these lenses as “clean and clear” optically from ebay, etc., so I must be fussy.... I suspect it has little to no impact on IQ, and even if it did it seems just about all the old lenses have this anyway. Some of the lenses do also have some old cleaning fluid residue at the edges of the front/rear element, but I don’t think that bears separate listing.

Please see my other listings for film cameras if you are interested.

Payment will be via Paypal or US Postal money order.
Shipping will be at actual cost with delivery confirmation based on your zip code. I will ship worldwide, but I do not lie on customs forms. International shipping without any tracking is at your own risk, but I will provide a scan of my receipt from the post office if that makes you feel better.

Free 49mm Filters—take any one you want with a lens. I have Photoco Haze 49mm (UV) Korea; Kalimar Skylight 49mm (1B) Korea; Hoya 49mm UV(0) Japan (older style); Quantaray 49mm UV Japan. All have metal rims and thread fine. Filter may be dirty and have slight scratches (I don’t care to inspect them all).

K-Mount:

Pentax-M 35mm f2. $100 SOLD. I have another copy of the lens, which is one of my favorite optics. Not only is the speed and IQ great, but it’s a very compact, light lens. It makes an ideal standard lens. This copy has the usual internal dust and what is either some very light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). From that same flashlight inspection (and visible no other way), there may be a little smoky-type haze on the edges of the 4th? element. Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped (I agree with one of the reviewers who said this lens had a particularly nice feel to the helicoid). Cosmetically, the lens shows light to average wear—the JCII sticker is still present. Generic front and rear caps are included.

Pentax-A 35mm f2. $200, $190, 180 $175 SOLD Here’s the harder to find A-series version of this fantastic optic. Has two minor coating scratches to the front element (one approx. 2mm, the other 1.5mm)--only visible if hit just right with a flashlight. There is the usual internal dust and what is either some very light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). I think there is also a touch of smoky-type haze in the optics as well from the flashlight test. Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows light to average wear. Includes Pentax front cap and generic rear cap.

Pentax-K 50mm f1.4. $95. $90 SOLD The K-series one is harder to find than the M-series one, and alone features an identical optical construction to the legendary Super v2/SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 optic, but with the convenience of the K mount. It certainly feels like a more solid piece than the M50/1.4. Optics are clean and clear except for the usual internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or a rather decent amount of finer dust (visible when shining a flashlight from one end and looking from the other. It is worse in this lens than the others—you can see it looking from the front as you shine the flashlight from the front). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows an average amount of wear. Includes a Pentax front cap and a generic rear cap.

Pentax-M 50mm f1.4. $45. SOLD. Optics have some internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). From that same flashlight inspection (and visible no other way), there is some smoky-type haze on the 2nd or 3rd element. Since it doesn’t show even with a flashlight directed from the front, I suspect it will have very little to no impact on image quality. Aperture blades are dry and snappy; in a couple of places the blades are showing a tiny bit of wear. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped, Cosmetically, the lens shows a light to average wear, and there is one little ding on the metal (hardly noticeable and no problem to function) at the top of the focus ring. Includes generic front and rear caps.

Pentax-A 50mm f1.4. $145. SOLD. Optics are clean and clear except for the usual internal dust and what is either some very light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is relatively smooth and well-damped, but does feel a little dry (perhaps it’s just the lower build quality on the A-series lenses)—nothing problematic though. Cosmetically, the lens shows light wear. Includes Pentax front cap and generic rear cap.

Pentax-M 50mm f1.7. $40. SOLD. Optics are clean and clear except for the usual internal dust and what is either some very light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Light to average cosmetic wear. Includes generic front and rear caps.

Pentax-M 50mm f2. $10. SOLD. A great budget prime and a real bargain. One minor (approx. 2.5mm) coating scratch to the front element—only visible if hit just right with a flashlight. There is also some smoky-type haze on the edges (to roughly ¼ of the way to the center) of one of the middle elements. There is the usual internal dust and what is either some very light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows average wear.

Pentax-K 55mm f2. $35. SOLD. Optically the same as the very well regarded K55/1.8 (and their Takumar predecessors), but with an internal limiter to keep the aperture at f2. I actually consider this to be an advantage for some—you get that lovely, round wide open bokeh at an aperture setting with a little more depth of field and sharpness. Optics are clean and clear except for the usual internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows light wear. There are two minor dings to the very top of the filer ring. Filters do go on fine but feel a bit tight at two points in their rotation. Includes a generic rear cap and a Promaster 52mm UV filter, as I’m short on 52mm front caps at the moment.

Pentax-M 150mm f3.5. $120. SOLD. One of the seldom seen M-series lenses, it gives you a decent bit more reach than the M135, but the same speed and very little increase in size and weigh. It really is quite a light, compact lens, especially for one this telephoto, and has a built-in pull-out hood too. Optics are clean and clear with just the usual internal dust. Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows only very light wear and looks to hardly have been used. Includes original Pentax front and rear caps.

Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro (PK-A, manual focus). $65. SOLD This lens is one of those cheep gems of a lens. A fast 1:1 macro lens that is relatively compact, has the A setting, and has excellent image quality. I do love my macro lenses, and this lens does not disappoint compared to my other macro lenses (including the Bokina). I simply have too many to use, and I’m selling this since I already have too many of them. Optics are clean and clear except for some light smoky-type haze on one of the rear elements (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Since it doesn’t show with a flashlight directed from the front, I suspect it will have very little to no impact on image quality. I’ve had such excellent pictures with the lens, I was surprised to even discover this (as usual, the lens was sold to me as clean and clear, but most don’t check as carefully as I do....) Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. I must say the build quality of this lens is excellent. Cosmetically, the lens shows only light wear. Includes the original Sigma front and rear caps.

Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f2.8-3.5 VMC Macro-Focusing Zoom—PK-A. $90. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT. This is one of the nice manual-focus S1 lenses Vivitar produced, here in the much harder to find version with the A pin. It covers a very useful range and is extremely fast to boot. It’s also a very solidly built piece of metal and glass. Push-pull zoom. Optics are clean and clear, with only the usual bit of internal dust and one subtle approx. 2mm coating scratch to the front element at the very edge (it will take you a lot of looking with a flashlight to even find it), which will have no effect whatsoever. Focusing ring is smooth but is somewhat tight, in my opinion. Cosmetically, the lens shows only light wear. Comes with the original front cap and a generic rear cap.

Vivitar 2x Macro Tele-converter PK-A $70 SOLD. Here is the version of the V2XMTC that has the A-pins for transmitting aperture information to the body. In case you do not know, this is a 2X teleconverter with a variable helicoid that decreases the minimum focusing distance. At full extension, a regular 50mm lens will reach approx. a 1:1 macro reproduction ratio. So your 50mm prime becomes a 100mm macro! Smaller focal lengths will generally go beyond 1:1. This can be used with macro lenses, extension tubes, etc. in adventures well beyond 1:1. I was really impressed with the image quality for macro that this provides. I have a few proper macro lenses and this with my Pentax M 50mm f1.7 acquits itself honorably--really there's almost no difference at the middle apertures. I also had great success with the M35/2 and the M28/3.5 when I tried them with this.*
Condition: Optics are clean and clear with only the usual minor couple of flecks of dust. The helicoid turns smoothly. Cosmetically, the TC shows only light wear. Included are the original front cap, generic rear cap, and the original case and instruction manual.

[B][M42:/B]

S-M-C Takumar 28mm f3.5. $60, $55 ]$50. SOLD. Optics are clean and clear expect for some internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped, but does make a bit of a gritting sound at around the 2ft mark sometimes. Has a name (M.A. HARBIN) scratched above the focus ring. Otherwise the lens shows moderate wear, plus two visible nicks/dings on the scalloping of the focus ring. Includes generic front and rear caps.

Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 (later 7 element version). $35.. SOLD. Unfortunately, this lens has some patches of fungus in it (looks like the front of the third element), although it should still be perfectly usable without any (or very little) degradation in IQ. Otherwise, the optics are fine except for some internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows only light wear. Includes the original front cap, rear cap, and case (foam crumbling as usual).

SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8.$35. SOLD Optics are clean and clear expect for some internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Aperture blades are dry and snappy; they are showing some wear (no oil, though). Helicoid is smooth and well-damped, Cosmetically, the lens shows a moderate amount of wear with some paint loss, tiny scratches, etc. on the body and top of the filter ring (filters still screw on fine). Includes generic front and rear caps.

Super-Takumar 105mm f2.8. $30.. SOLD. An ugly user. Has an approx. 3mm coating scratch on the rear element (only visible with a flashlight hitting it just right). Also has something on the second to rear element—it could be a small patch of fungus, or residue of some sort, and there looks to be some more light haze on that element. The front element has one period size defect to the coating on the very edge of the element. Otherwise, the optics are fine except for some internal dust and what is either some light haze in the middle of the optics or is some more, finer dust (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Has some loss of the blacking to the rear baffle so that the metal is showing through—from when someone was trying to get it apart there. It will probably reduce contrast in some situations, although going over it with a sharpie or some paint should cover it all. Aperture blades are dry from the front, may have a little oil on the rear. If the stop-down pin is pushed just right and weakly, I can get the blades to stick. No problem if you’re going to be using this with an adaptor on a DSLR. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped. Cosmetically, the lens shows moderate wear and is a bit dirty.

Kenko APS Auto Teleplus 3X Teleconverter. SOLD. Includes the original case. Fine shape, optics are clean and clear (excepting a bit of cleaning fluid residue—it’s hard to completely get it on these small little optics). Just $2 with the purchase of any of my lenses.

Pentax-A 28mm f2.8. $65. SOLD. Optics are clean and clear except for some light smoky-type haze on the 2nd or 3rd element (only visible when shining a flashlight from the rear). Since it doesn’t show with a flashlight directed from the front, I suspect it will has very little to no impact on image quality (the test pitures I have taken haven’t suggest any loss in IQ). Aperture blades are dry and snappy. Helicoid is smooth and well-damped, Cosmetically, the lens shows a light to average wear, and there is one little ding on the metal (hardly noticeable and no problem to function) at the top of the focus ring. Includes Pentax front cap (with a cap keeper attached and a couple of chips out of the side of the cap) and a generic rear cap.

Last edited by macTak; 09-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.
07-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
pm sent for vivitar.
07-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
I'd love that vivitar macro converter for my S1 70-210.. ;(
07-21-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Pentax-M 50mm f1.4. $45
Pentax-A 50mm f1.4. $145
Pentax-M 50mm f1.7. $40
Pm sendt

07-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Vivitar Macro Teleconverter is sold pending payment (so much interest on this one!). The Vivitar S1 Zoom is also sold pending payment. I'm still combing through my PM's. Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in my lenses and cameras thus far.

Last edited by macTak; 07-21-2012 at 07:39 AM.
07-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
pM sent for sigma macro 50 2.8 lens
07-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All PM's received up to now are answered. Sold pending payment are the M50/1.4, A50/1.4, and M50/1.7. The rest are still available.

---------- Post added 07-21-12 at 05:40 PM ----------

M35/2 is now sold. Sigma 50mm Macro is sold pending payment. Thanks!

---------- Post added 07-22-12 at 10:43 AM ----------

K55/2 is now sold pending payment. Thanks for everyone's interest thus far!

Last edited by macTak; 07-21-2012 at 02:43 PM.
07-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Everything sold pending payment is now sold and should ship out tomorrow to the lucky buyers. Thanks.

---------- Post added 07-23-12 at 02:48 PM ----------

Everything sold thus far has indeed been shipped out today. Thanks again. There are still some great lenses left....
07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Newly added samples of the K50/1.4 (no post-processing on any of these):

Wide open @f1.4:

Wide open @f1.4:

@f2.8:

@f2.8:

@f2.8:

Last edited by macTak; 08-31-2012 at 08:45 PM.
07-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Super-Takumar 50mm and 105mm are now SOLD PENDING PAYMENT. Thanks.
07-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Super-Takumar 50mm and 105mm are now sold. Thanks!
08-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The A28/2.8 is now sold. Thanks!
08-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price drops on the A35/2 and M150/3.5!
08-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
PM sent for the M150.
08-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The M150/3.5 is now sold. Thanks. There are still a few great lenses that need good homes!