PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Contax Carl Zeiss 28-70 f3.5-4.5 Vario-Sonnar T*

Asking Price
$200 USD

Item Location
Arizona (United States)

Item Description
I have acquired several Contax Carl Zeiss prime lenses and converted the mounts from the original C/Y to the Pentax K mount. In acquiring these lenses, a couple of which were in a lot from a retired photojournalist, whose wife wanted her closet back. So to get the lens I wanted, I purchased the lot.

I have been sitting on this lens for a while, trying to decide if I should remount it to the Pentax K mount or what. I have several primes in this focal length range a CZ 28, FA 31 Ltd, A 50 and CZ 85 so, I have decided to part with it. The lens is able to be converted to the Pentax K mount using a new mount from Leitax.com (as I understand). If you are interested, I would first email David at Leitax.com. I have also used Eric in the past, to remount the Contax prime lenses I use, with absolutely wonderful results.They have developed a mounting kit and a set of instructions for this lens.The lens is used. Having said that - it is in extremely wonderful condition - essentially nearly new. The body of the lens still has the new lens sheen to it. The glass is clear, clean, no fungus, no mold, no scratches and I see no dust (but with a lens of this age, there is probably some). The aperture blades do not have oil, and are snappy. The focus is smooth and well damped. The focal distance mechanism is also smooth and well damped.

The lens includes the original box, inspection certificate, egg shell carrier, packing bag, instructions, registration card, front and rear caps, along with a Contax UV filter. The only item that is missing is the leather pouch.

Here is the complete data sheet for the lens. The lens also has a Macro capability.
  • http://applications.zeiss.com/C12578620052CA69/0/9B6C07E13D800C13C125786900388CF4/$file/vario-sonnar3-5-4-5_28-70mm_e.pdf
I am asking $200 USD not because there is anything wrong with it, but because you are going to have to convert the mount for use. I thought that I would offer it here first just in case someone was interested, before I go over to where the Canon folks reside. Canon users (due to the shorter registration distance) are able to use the Contax lenses with a simple adapter.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10 USD within the US

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

08-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold - pending payment....
I did not think that it would go so quickly....