Item for Sale
Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S - $700

Asking Price
US$700.00

Item Location
Santa Fe, NM (United States)

Item Description
Hi guys,

For sale is my Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-S. This is a "well-loved" lens. It takes excellent photos at all apertures and focal lengths, but it does have a few notable issues.

Cosmetically, there are a couple cracks in the plastic of the DoF scale, the finish has been worn off the body a bit adjacent to the scale, and there is general brassing and usage wear all over. Front and rear glass are quite clean and there's minimal dust inside (no more than you'd expect for a lens of its age).

Functionally/mechanically, the zoom ring is very light... it rotates smoothly, but there's not as much resistance as I, at least, would like. It also has the famous squeaking AF, though at this point the AF is working reliably and accurately. Manual focusing does not produce the squeak, and it's smooth (or as smooth as it ever was on this model).

Overall, the lens could use a good CLA but it can be used reliably as-is, so long as you don't need silent operation.

The lens comes with the original caps, HB-17 hood, and tripod foot, as well as an original Nikon CL-73 carrying case.

I'm asking $700, which includes shipping in the USA (via USPS Priority Insured) and PP fees. I'm willing to ship using another carrier at the buyer's request, if the buyer is willing to cover the difference.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Other (See Listing)

Shipping Charge
Included in USA

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer may return the lens within 7 days if it does not match my description. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs. No returns for buyer's remorse!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

08-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 99 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump to the top!
08-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 99 (100%)
Original Poster
Bumped up again! Offers welcome.