Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
I WANT A Q!! My K7 Kit is all for Sale

Ok, that's it. I want a Q!! I swore to myself a long time ago that if someone would come out with a compact camera that used interchangeable lenses I would buy it if it was any good at all. It is here and I am going to buy it by golly! From everything that I have seen the image quality is great!! The "Q" is here and I am going to get mine! This is the first digital camera I have seen in a long time that has gotten me this interested. Now...I just need to raise some money.

I rarely use my K7 for anything but computer posting and ebay sales, and I still own my *ist DL2 (and soon a new Q) so, I am selling my full Pentax K7 set. $1300 walks away with everything I normally use with my K7. This is what is going:
  1. Pentax K7 DSLR in very good condition complete with box, charger, two batteries, body cap, manual and some wierd little cables I never use. I'll even throw in an SD Memory card for you. There is nothing at all wrong with the camera. There are no scuffs, smudges, bruises or other types of damage that is visible to me but I haven't looked it over with a microscope and a flashlight. I can guarantee that it is used so there may be some slight blemish somewhere that I can't find. I haven't got the foggiest notion of how many "shutter actuations" it has, I don't even know how to check. It can't be bad since 95% of my photography is done with film.
  2. Next comes the SMC Pentax DA 18-55 WR lens. I will actually be sorrier to see this lens go than the K7. It really has been a terrific little lens and has spent 90% of its life attached to the K7. I like 35mm and 50mm and this little lens does its best work in that range if I stop it down to about f5.6. It comes with the lens hood, front and rear caps and a Vivitar 52mm UV filter. Glass is in great shape. The box disappeared a while back. I promise I'll pack it good.
  3. The SMC Pentax DA-L 55-300mm zoom. This is the one with the pastic mount but the lens doesn't know that it is the cheap version. It still takes pictures like the expensive version. Shortly after I bought this zoom I bought the DA 300mm f4. Needless to say, this lens has not seen much use. I think I brought it on a trip to Montana last year but that is the only time I actually remember using it much. It is in very nice shape and comes with the hood, and caps and a Hoya 58mm UV filter. I bought this used so there never was a box but I'll pack it up nice and tight.
  4. The wonderful SMC Pentax DA* 300mm 1:4 ED IF SDM telephoto lens. This lens comes complete with the hood, caps, case, box and Tiffen 77mm UV filter. This lens is in gorgeous condition and it works perfectly. I really don't know what else to say about this lens. If you like long glass than you are going to LOVE this lens. My long range technique needs a lot of work but even I can get some pretty decent shots with this lens. The K7 likes it and if focuses very quickly. It will even focus with my 1.7 AF teleconverter quite often and that really surprises me since even my FA* 200 is a little picky with it sometimes.
  5. Vivitar Series 1 PowerZoom DSLR AF Flash for Pentax. This is a terrific little flash. I own two of them and I am letting the newer one go with this kit. This thing does just about anything you can imagine, working perfectly with the K7 in-camera software on P-TTL. It also has manual settings and can be set at 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 power level settings. It also works as a slave flash off the Pentax on camera flash. The flash comes with the box, bag and instructions. Like the lens above, I don't know what else to say. Maybe this will help. After owning this flash for a couple months I up and sold my Pentax AF 540, and have never missed it.
  6. I also have a spare SMC Pentax DA 18-55 AL II kit lens that I will include for an extra $25. If you want it let me know otherwise I will leave it out. It has a hood without the little cutout in the edge, an aftermarket rear lens cap, no UV filter and no front cap. I have hooked it up to the K7 and it works as expected but I have never used it to take any images. If you don't want it I'll hook it up to my little DL2.
That is a camera, four lenses (if you want the spare kit lens), and a flash. Overall it is a very nice little set. This kit is all for sale as one unit. I will not break it up, so don't PM me asking to sell something separately. I have already priced this set at a considerable discount, so my price here is firm. I want that little Q but I am not going any lower on my price to get it. For now it is posted only on Pentax Forums. Eventually, if it doesn't sell, I will go to E-Bay with it but the price will go up at that point. If you have bought things from me before you know that I absolutely hate piecing things out. It takes too darned long. I would much rather sell it, wrap it all up in one box, and ship it to one happy buyer. That is what I am doing here.

Now, some really good news. For $1300 I don't expect you to cover my Paypal fees, nor do I ask you to pay me as a "gift.". I have quit doing that because I feel a little bit like I am cheating Paypal by doing that. Maybe they deserve it sometimes but I don't want them cheating me so I won't do it to them. The fees are my responsibility and I'll pay them. After all, it does protect us both.

Some even better news, this price includes shipping with full insurance anywhere within the Continental US. Obviously if I have to ship to Hawaii, Alaska, the Carribean, or anywhere else in the world, the buyer will have to pay the shipping up front.

No returns. This is a one-time deal. I do not want this set back. As soon as you pay me I will be headed to the store for my own Q. My wonderful, long suffering better half gets the rest.

I will pack this equipment very, very well, but if something does happen in shipping, then please, for goodness sake, keep the packaging exactly as you received it. Send me a note with some pictures, and I will file a claim with the USPS. BTW, I ship everything with the good, old, United States Post Office, even if it does end up going somewhere overseas.

Speaking of overseas, I don't mind shipping overseas but there are some countries that I will not ship to. I rely on the advice of the USPS and if they think it is a bad idea to ship there, then I don't go there. Otherwise, I don't mind if they don't mind.

Payment is to be made via Paypal. Sometimes they get a trifle grumpy and will not release the funds to me until everything has cleared properly. This can happen for any number of reasons. I will not ship to you until everything clears, and it will not speed things up a bit to write me and tell me you are about to leave on the vacation of a lifetime and need the camera. I am sure that you understand and I certainly would not want you to send away your valuable equipment until you had the money.

I will try to get things set up so I can take some pictures of all this equipment after the grandkids go home this evening. Meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to ship them my way via Private Message. I will not discuss any particulars by open posting. I will post an update myself if I feel the the answer to your question contains valuable information needed by all potential buyers. I have a very good reputation as a seller, both here and on our favorite on-line auction site (I mean E-Bay silly, not Goodwill.) Of course I do not hang on this forum constantly so it may take a little while to get back to you. Be patient and I will take each PM in order as it comes across my screen.

08-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 120 (100%)
Very nice kit. I am sure it will go soon!
08-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Bargain.
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent

08-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM Sent.
08-15-2012, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Wow. I hope you are keeping a long lens for your Q. I've seen some amazing shots with the q and the DA*300.
08-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
nice loot here! Best of luck to the seller and the lucky buyer!

08-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale is Pending

A sale is pending on this set.