PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
[Film SLR] Pentax MZ-3 for parts or repair

Asking Price

Item Location
Singapore (Singapore)

Item Description
Dear all

Have here a damaged MZ-3 camera which I would like to see get a new lease of life. I've had the camera since 2008 and it has given me a lot of great shots - ergonomics are great, no complaints at all abt the metering, best of all it has the full KAF mount that meters for older manual lens (M series and earlier) as well as adapted lenses, without having to press that green button (or whichever button that is on pentax DSLRs nowdays).

I woke up one morning to find that the mirror was stuck upwards as if in a permanent mirror lock up position (see pictures), and nothing i could do would remedy it. Everything else (shutter, etc) worked fine though I can't test it with the mirror being the way it is. I brought it to a reputable local repair shop who said that repairing this camera would cost S$220 since he had to procure the parts, but advised me against it - according to him he has seen the problem very frequently in the MZ/ZX line and it was a design flaw. The repair he can do would probably last abt 5 years or so, but the problem would most likely recur.

To cut a long story short, I got another MZ-3 online which works fine, but am now also thinking hard abt getting an older mechanical camera (K2, MX), the likes of which are well known for their durability and mechanical excellence. Before that happens this camera has to go.

So here's the deal - I'm hoping that repair costs for this camera would be lower elsewhere in the world, so just let me know if you want it and I'd send it to you. All you have to do is pay shipping, which from experience would be about just over US$30. PM me and I'd let you know the exact cost, and then you can decide if that makes sense for you.

The camera has been kept in a dry cabinet, well taken care of, and definitely not scruffy at all. Two things to note:
(i) the focusing screen is a split screen one, which I installed from an MZ-M separately; and
(ii) there will be no body cap for the camera as i put it on the replacement MZ-3 i got.

I'd put up the pictures of the camera in the next post.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
PM for details

Shipping Services
Speedpost

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
-

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

Pictures as promised

08-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
TZH

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
PM sent