Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2008, 03:45 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Zenitar 16/2.8 Fish eye

Hello all,

I'm letting go of my Z... I loved it on my DS (esp between f/5.6 and f/8) where it added an extra wide angle in my prime kit, but with the DA*16-50/2.8 I've started using zooms much more again... In retrospect I didn't use it that much, but I got some great pictures with it. I'll probably replace it by the slightly more practical DA10-17 which isn't that much bigger, but quite a bit more expensive.

My copy is in perfect condition and unlike the lenses sold through eBay it is calibrated for correct infinity focus, which is a known problem with new Zenitars. You won't have to go and do this yourself anymore, as I did it for you!

I'm asking EUR 100 for this Zenitar 16/2.8 fish eye. All the original accessories are included. Price excludes shipping. EU bank transfer preferred within EU, otherwise Paypal.

I'm looking forward to sending it to a good home!

Wim

01-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
This is a very highly rated lens in this price range. And it is full frame if you have a film camera that you might want to use it with. The coverage on the K10D is very close to about 90 degrees from side to side of the frame.

It does have a little barrel distortion, but is easily straightened with PTLens. Full registration is very inexpensive for this program: $15

You can download it here:
PTLens

By the way, this lens is selling for $185 to $215 everywhere else - so get it while you can!

I enjoy my Zenitar! it is a very, very sharp lens, especially stopped down a stop or so!

Here is an example after PTLens and resize:

Last edited by TomInJax; 01-31-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added example photo.
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
SOLD! The lens will be on its way to Portugal soon!! If only I could go along, the weather in Belgium for the week-end doesn't look good...

Thanks Tom for the nice publicity!

Wim