Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Split-Image focusing screen & KPS 1.3x eyepiece

These items are great accessories for the manual focus lens enthusiasts among us. They really made a big difference in my ability to manually focus with today's dimmer DSLR viewfinders. FREE SHIPPING via USPS.

KPS 1.3x magnifying eyepiece (in original packaging) -- $50 USD. Used but in mint condition. A superior magnifying eyepiece to the Pentax O-ME5, it magnifies the viewfinder image by 1.3x for an improved manual focusing experience. It also looks better than the Pentax eyecups, in my opinion, giving the camera a Nikon D3 eyepiece look. Includes a rubber eyecup for comfort, toolkit and instructions for a simple installation, all in the original packaging. It is also compatible with Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Olympus DSLRs and SLRs (custom mounting plates for all these brands are included). Sells new on eBay for $60 and you'd have to wait for shipping from Hong Kong. More pictures here.

Split-image/microprism focusing screen + installation kit -- $25 USD. If you use manual focus, then you owe it to yourself to replace the stock focusing screen. Fits K10D and K20D bodies. I've used this for a few years on my K10D and it's been one of the best improvements I made (especially when coupled with the KPS eyepiece above). Purchased from Jinfinance on eBay, it is made from a K1000 screen and it fit perfectly in my K10D without needing any shims to be properly aligned. Mint condition: no marks or scratches. Included is the necessary installation kit that includes two tweezers and four "finger condoms" for protecting the screen during install. The installation kit which is an additional purchase from Jinfinance, but it's included free here. A much more economical option than the Katzeye screens. Click on pictures for bigger versions.

09-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump for some great manual focusing accessories.
09-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

PM sent.
09-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Replies and sold