09-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Pentax-FA 24-90mm f/3.5-4.5 and 50mm f/1.4; K 50mm 1.4

SMC Pentax-FA 24-90mm f/3.5-4.5 AL (IF) lens - $279 plus shipping - SOLD
SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4 lens - $249 plus shipping - SOLD
SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4 lens ("K" series) - $129 plus shipping - SOLD

US shipping $8 for one, $12 for two or more. International shipping available but rates vary by country, please ask about your specific situation.

These are all nice lenses that have served me well. However I am always trying to pare down to just the lenses I use frequently, and these might do better in someone else's hands than gathering dust on my shelf. Maybe you can make use of one of them!

The FA 24-90 is not that commonly seen, which is too bad because it is a very nice lens. 24mm at the wider end makes this lens a lot more useful on APS-c than the more common 28 and 35mm zooms, and in fact the range corresponds to the what the 35-135mm zoom used to do on film. Quality is quite good as well, as this was one or Pentax's high end lenses during the film era. Maximum aperture is pretty good especially at the long end, relative to a lot of cheaper zooms. I find the range to be perfect for travel, as I rarely use longer or shorter, and this is often the only lens I take. (Ok, I take an FA 43 as well, I can't go anywhere without that lens. Even still, this stays on most of the time.) I got mine as a new demo model near the end of last year, probably one of the last ones to be sold as new in the US, if not the last one. Per the seller it came with a 1 year warranty, although Pentax doesn't offer a way to register it so I am not sure they would honor a claim. Luckily, there isn't anything wrong with it. It comes with caps, hood, paperwork and box. (The box is a little beat up, but everything else looks good.)

The FA 50 1.4 is also in great condition, with maybe a few signs of use externally but clear glass and perfect function.This lens has long been considered one of the best auto-focus 50's by any maker, and it is certainly worth having in your kit if you do not already. Bokeh is beautiful, and while sharpness isn't fantastic wide open it gets quite remarkable with stopping down. This one includes a generic press-on rear cap and a Pentax front cap.

The SMC "K" 50mm f/1.4 is another of the famous "fast 50's". I believe it has a slightly different optical design than the later M, A, F and FA series, and as a result is considered by some to be sharper wide open than the later lenses. In my rough testing this did seem to be true, but stopped down a click or two it was impossible to tell the difference between them all. It is manual focus and manual aperture only, of course, like all of the "K" series. This copy is quite clean, with minimal exterior signs of use, clear glass and snappy aperture. Comes with a generic rear cap and Pentax front cap.

wide open:

If you find any of these other than as described I am happy to refund your money upon return. I accept PayPal and expect no additional payments for "fees". I will ship internationally, as mentioned above, but cost will vary by country, and I will not mark things as "gifts" for customs purposes. Reasonable offers will be entertained (especially for multiple items) but be aware that a full-priced offer will get the item. Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 09-03-2012 at 06:05 AM.
09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Interested

Hi Nick

I am interested in the FA24-90 and the K50/1.4. I will send a pm.

Regards

Charles
09-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4 lens

I am interested in the SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4 lens

I will send pm

Thanks