Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Macro Tamron (52B) SP 90mm f2.5 WITH Tamron extension tube (for 1:1) SLASHED + Photos

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Macro Tamron (52B) SP 90mm f2.5 WITH Tamron extension tube (for 1:1) SLASHED + Photos

Asking Price
see description

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Tamron (52B) SP 90mm f2.5 Macro WITH Tamron extension tube (for 1:1)

This is an Adaptall lens with no Adaptall mount. Adaptall mounts for many cameras, including Pentax are readily available on that infernal auction site.

This is the Very Well Regarded lens which was available in the 52B and later 52BB styles. The 52B has the advantage of taking smaller filters (49mm) due to its design. This lens is prized for its image quality and beautiful bokeh. By itself, the lens will reach a 1:2 magnfication ratio. If reaching 1:1 (or even more is important to you, READ ON).

The genuine Adaptall Extension Tube is made for this lens. With it you can reach 1:1 and (unlike teleconverters) it adds no (potentially) image-degrading optics to the light path. You only need one Adaptall mount. To use the adapter you simply snap it off the lens and put it on the rear of the extension tube. The extension tube then mounts to the "naked" adaptall mount.

Some images from Flickriver taken with this same model:
Bluebell - Tamron SP 90mm F2.5 Macro (52B) - a photo on Flickriver

If you want REALLY close-up, you can add the Tamron 01F X flat field teleconverter to this set-up and get images like this:
Let's Play Peekaboo - a photo on Flickriver

Night Portrait - a photo on Flickriver

Blow Fly Face Cropped - a photo on Flickriver

The Tamron 01F 2x flat field teleconverter is not included in this sale, but I have one for sale elsewhere on Marketplace.

The lens itself is in good shape mechanically and optically, but it is only fair cosmetically. The rubber focusing rings have white down in the crevices and it definitely looks used (as one would expect for such a favorite lens). It accepts filters just fine, and it might clean up much better than it looks right now. Time has not allowed me to spend any time on its cosmetics, but everything is priced accordingly. if you are bang-for-the-buck "image is all the really counts" person, then this is a great buy for you.

Photos coming, or upon request (whichever comes first).

Will be happy to ship worldwide to Marketplace members with good feedback!
Can ship fast or cheap, whichever you prefer.

Tamron 52B lens, with Tamron 1:1 matching extension tube (no Adaptall mount).... $129
The 1:1 adapter sells for north of $50 by itself (when you can find one).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 09-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.
09-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 79 (100%)
I'm crazy but I want this...PM sent.
09-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
I'm crazy and I want this too. This lens was a true cult lens. Hope I didn't break any rules by commenting. If I had the cash on hand I would buy this instantly. Sigh. I will keep my watch up. Hope you get it.
09-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 79 (100%)
Payment sent. Well when I get it and if I find that I don't care for it, I'll look you up.

09-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
SOLD to my good customer in California.