Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 APO EX DG HSM Lens

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 APO EX DG HSM Lens

Asking Price

Item Location
Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is my Sigma 50-150 f2.8 APO EX DG HSM Lens. This is the newest version of this lens that was available in Pentax mount which has since been discontinued. I won't go into all the details since if you are looking at this lens you probably know all about it. This would be the direct competitor to the Pentax DA* 50-135 f2.8 lens.

I bought this lens recently directly from the Sigma Outlet as a refurbished unit. Being it came from the Sigma repair center in New York, it was totally checked out by a technician before being sold. When I received the lens I could not tell it from a brand new Sigma lens.

When I get a new lens, I have a strict set of tests that I do to determine if the lens is performing as it should. As I have read in a couple reviews, the lens was tack sharp at most all focal lengths, but was just a tad off at the long end of 150mm. It really wasn't that bad, but when viewing an image at more than 2x, I could notice the slight difference. At this time I had another Sigma lens that I needed to send in for repair (Sigma 180 3.5 Macro) so I decided to send this lens along with my K-5 body to have them calibrate the lens to see if they could tweak it that little bit. When I received it back, according to the repair order, they adjusted the AF data on the lens. It is now absolutely perfect at all focal lengths. I compare new lenses with ones that I already own, and this one easily stands up to my DA* 60-250 in image quality - simply stunning!

The only reason I am selling the lens is that it is kind of redundant to my DA* 60-250 in focal length. Yes, this Sigma lens is an f2.8 lens compared to f4 on the Pentax, but for my shooting style I much prefer to longer range of the DA* zoom.

The lens will come to you as it came to me from Sigma including the lens, hood, both end caps, and case with carry/shoulder strap. It is in "like new" condition as I only used it on and off over a 5 day period testing it out. It was never subject to any rain or moisture.

Shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail to the US which is included in the sale price. For our Canadian neighbors, I will gladly ship the lens to you via USPS Priority International at actual cost and give you a $15 discount toward the shipping charge. Please note however that I will not alter the customs form - I will show the exact sale price on the form. Please be aware of your duty/import fee!

I will accept payment via PayPal with no fees assessed to the buyer.

I generally ship the next business day after payment is received. Because of my work schedule, there is a rare instance when it would not go out until the second day after. Also, because of my work, there may be times when I can not respond to PM's for up to 10 hours as I do not have internet access while I am working - please be patient.

I have included a couple shots of the lens and shots taken with the lens - images are clickable for a larger version.

Also here is a link to a set of photos taken at different focal lengths:

Sigma 50-150 sample pics

If you have any questions, please ask!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included with price to US

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I want you to be happy with your purchase. If you find that I have misrepresented the lens in my description or photos, I will accept a return if notified within 3 days of receipt. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by photolady95; 04-17-2016 at 01:21 AM.
09-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Nice lens
09-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Payment sent
09-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster