Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Panasonic LX-5 with Screen Protector, Filter Adapter Tube & UV Filter (Price Drop!!!)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Panasonic Lumix LX-5 with GGS Screen Protector (PRICE DROP!!!)

Asking Price
215 USD

Item Location
Sterling, VA (United States)

Item Description
This camera was bought from Amazon last December. I have used it sparingly as a second fiddle to my Fuji HS20. And as I have recently acquired a Pentax K30 I don't see myself using the LX5 much. I am sure it will be of more use to somebody else.

The camera is in perfect shape, and has been protected with the GGS screen gaurd from day one. It comes with the original box and all original accessories. It is still under the manufacturer's one year warranty. I can post pictures upon request, both of the camera and the ones taken with the camera. This is my first post on the Marketplace, questions are welcome for any clarifications.

- Deep

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included in the price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority/UPS 2nd Day

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns acccepted within 7 days. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by isb.deep; 09-19-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Price Drop!
09-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Weekend Bump!
09-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Significant Price Drop!!!

Also including a Lens Tube Adapter (for mounting filters) and a generic UV Filter (that has always been on the camera for protection) at no extra cost. I am trying to get rid of this great camera to fund a new superzoom.
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #4

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
I had the LX3 and loved its results. The initial release firmware softened the images too much and it felt worse than LX3 but the later firmware fixed it. The expanded zoom range on LX5 is nice to have. I just bought the S100 (first in the S series with wider angle than 28mm) but part of me wants the LX5, too bad I can't have everything in one pocketable camera

09-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I agree with you Waqas. I guess the best camera is the one you have with you. I passed on the S95 because of the 28 mm, even though it is more pocketable than the LX5. The new RX100 looks great but then no hotshoe and no way to add a viewfinder. So, yes, I guess we can't have everything in one pocketable camera, at least for now

ps. thanks for the bump
09-19-2012, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
I think with the LX7 (or XZ-2 if 28mm worked) you pretty much can have everything in one pocketable camera.

And wouldn't this LX5 come close? For me, it was second only to the XZ-1 I chose, and a few weeks ago it was still the latest model. Now you have it for less than half the price of the new model!
09-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
The LX-5 is a pretty little gem. A few months back, a friend and I were exchanging pictures via email as he had recently gotten a D3100. I sent him mine, shot with this LX5. He was astounded that a compact camera could produce such good images, but I digress. I am sure XZ-2 will be pretty nice too. I have heard only good things about the Olympus JPEG engine. I am looking at the LX-7 myself, especially to pair it up with the new LVF2 viewfinder. It may not be pocketable but sounds like a nice combo. Maybe the proceeds from here can fund that