PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron Adaptall SP300 300mm f2.8 (60B)

Asking Price
$450.00

Item Location
Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
For sale is a Tamron Adaptall lens model SP300 f2.8 (60B).

The good:
Glass is scratch free with no marks, haze, or fungus. There is the slightest few dust particles inside the lens if you really look for them.
Aperture works perfectly and is free from any oil or foreign matter or parts.
The image quality is just fantastic.
Tripod mount is in perfect working order - mounts solidly and swivels for portrait position as it should.
Filter drawer is in perfect shape with a 49mm Tamron UV filter installed

The bad:
The barrel has some paint scrape marks but no dents at all.
The hood is permanently affixed to the lens barrel - it is fixed in the proper position and does not move at all.
The rubber covering over the focus ring is loose in a couple areas but is not so loose as you feel it when turning the focus ring (see pic).

I am doing my best to describe the lens properly. I may be overdoing it on the "bad" remarks, but want to be sure any potential buyers are fully aware of what they are looking at. The lens performs just great. I had a copy of the same lens about a year ago that was in very good condition, and I see no difference in the performance at all. This one has just been around the block a time or two as far as the exterior condition. When looking through the viewfinder or at your images you will be seeing just the great performance of this lens.

This is an Adaptall lens. I have a PK/A adapter that is shown in the images, but that is not included in the sale price of $450. If you would like the adapter along with the lens, I will gladly include it for an additional $80. I will not be selling the adapter separately until the lens is sold to see if a buyer wants it included with the lens first.

Also included with the lens in a genuine Tamron leather soft lens case. This case is not one that was originally included with the 60B lens - i think it is the one that was included with the later version 360B. It is a very nice case with an extra zipper pouch and a carry strap. Plus it comes with a Lenscoat Hoodie that fits on the hood perfectly.

Shipping: Shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail with the cost included with the price of the lens. I ship the next business day after payment is received.

Payment: I accept PayPal as payment with no fees assessed to the buyer and insist that you send the payment as a "goods" transaction.

The following pics were taken of the lens today along with an example of one of our resident song birds. Images are clickable for a larger version.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Poor

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included with sale price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns will be accepted if you find my description far different than the actual condition of the lens. I am doing my best to describe all the deficiencies along with photos. Buyer must notify me within 3 days of receipt if something is wrong. If agreed upon, the lens must be shipped back to me within 5 days of receipt - buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by photolady95; 04-17-2016 at 01:36 AM.
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
Free bump. I'd love this for my NEX or a future Q, but I just bought a house. Otherwise, I'd have already sent you my money. This is a perfect lens to accommodate for diffraction issues of the Q.
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Free bump. I'd love this for my NEX or a future Q, but I just bought a house. Otherwise, I'd have already sent you my money. This is a perfect lens to accommodate for diffraction issues of the Q.
You can always take a small equity loan from the mortgage!
10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
This is a perfect lens to accommodate for diffraction issues of the Q.
No kidding! Who wants the equivalent of a 1650mm f/8 lens you can actually carry around?

More amazing than that, shipping is included. When I sold my 360B, I think it was $60 to ship it only halfway across the country!

10-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
Original Poster
You guys are killing me! I've been quietly following along in the Q thread where the 300mm lenses attached to the Q have been working real well - if only the Q had focus peaking..........
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 60 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
if only the Q had focus peaking..........
Then don't look here. (Hint: the Q10 has it!)
10-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 38 (97%)
If anyone is still wondering, it is a great lens. I took this picture with a different copy of the same lens. They are very capable.
10-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Why is the hood on permanently?

10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sale pending.
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Sale pending.
Good. I can vouch for both the lens and the seller.
10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Good. I can vouch for both the lens and the seller.
Thank you sir!