Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Sigma 18mm f/2.8 "KA mount"

Sale Pending
I have a Sigma 18mm f/2.8 lens for sale. It is an auto-aperture, manual focus lens, solidly built with a built-in (non-removable) metal hood. This lens is older and I am at least the second owner. I'll be more honest than the ebay seller I bought this lens from...

The manual focus ring gets 'tough to turn' between 5' (the last number) and infinity. It is possible to move it to infinity, it's just tight. As well, the rear element seems to have a dark area around the outside edge of the glass. However, I have used this lens on both film and digital and see no evidence of it causing any image problems (I have not noticed any vignetting). Finally, my K10D does not recognise the focal length of this lens. If you turn the camera on it'll prompt you to enter the focal length. I have, from time to time (like in the test shots below) forgotten about this 'feature' and swapped it out with the camera on (that is why the exif reads 135mm in the shots below).

That said, I find this lens to take very nice pictures. I was surprised by the resolution, especially at f/5.6 and beyond. I can send you full-sized images taken with this lens via email, if you are interested.

I would like $150US for the lens. This would include shipping to Canada. Shipping to the US would be $10 more. Internationally, PM me and we can discuss.

SAMPLE IMAGES

Last edited by dkittle; 02-07-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: sale pending