PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 70-200 2.8 IF Macro A001

Asking Price
$425

Item Location
Myrtle Beach, SC (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is my wonderful Tamron 70-200 2.8 IF Macro A001 lens. I purchases this lens from kenafein and the original thread where I purchased it is located here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/194254-sale-d...-21-3-2-a.html. As you can see this lens was professionally cleaned after being dumped into the water. The lens has performed flawlessly on my K-5 and K-r. It's quick to focus and it's sharp. It comes with the original box, really nice padded pouch and I purchased a used Tiffen 77mm Haze-1 filter. The lens comes with original Tamron front/rear caps. I have provided a link to several bird images I have taken with the lens. You will not be disappointed with this lens. I thought I was going to use it for sports but that's just not going to happen. My price includes shipping and please contact me via PM about PP. The link I have provided shows pictures of the lens and it looks exactly the same now as it did then. Please PM me with any questions. I have excellent feedback here and over on fredmiranda I have 201 excellent feedback. The pictures of the lens in the above mentioned thread accurately show the condition of the lens. It is not "pretty" in there. There are some spots in the lens as shown. I would take pictures but it's late and I have been up since 5am. I tried to take some better pictures but it's just not working. I can assure you that whatever you see in the pictures of the lens has no impact on the AF performance, AF speed or the image quality. I was easily able to capture those little sandpipers running all over the beach with this lens. I have added a few more images at the bottom of the thread. The osprey shot was heavily cropped as was the butterfly image. I had no problem tracking the Osprey or the seagull or the Skipper that I took images of that day.

A few shots taken with the lens are below and here is a link to another "non-bird" image:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/198028-landscape-sunset-...e-park-sc.html

Link on Flickr with all shots taken with the K-5 and Tamron: Birds - a set on Flickr

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
$0

Shipping Services
UPS, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
None

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by treebeard; 05-09-2013 at 04:25 PM.
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
pm sent
10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale Pending.
10-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
Holy Moly! That's JSherman99's old lens! It probably has residual awesomeness still attached.

10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 58 (100%)
Original Poster
Yes, it does. It has now been transferred to someone else as a matter of fact. I wish I had the opportunity to use it more but it's just not in the cards.