Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
Price Reduced Steve's Digicam Pentax K20D Body with Three Batteries and Remote F

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Steve's Digicam Pentax K20D Body with Three Batteries and Remote F

Asking Price
Reduced to $340

Item Location
Los Angeles, CA (United States)

Item Description
I'm selling my trusty K20. This is a great camera and it comes with a little bit of history:

Late 2008, I was still using my K10 (which was also a great camera) and surfing ebay trolling for lenses (like the rest of you), the K20 was new and the price beyond my reach. Out comes this Buy-it-now offer from Steve's Digicams (one of the major camera review sites). They were selling the camera they used in the review for a great price (I guess they get them for free after reviewing them). Of course, I bought it (even though my K10 was only 6 months old at the time) and have had it ever since. Steve's Digicam gave the K20 a great review by the way. You can still read it here. Steve's Digicam K20 Review If you scroll down, you can also see that Steve photographed the bottom plate of his camera with the serial number and of course, it is the same as mine. I've always heard that camera companies test out the camera before sending it to reviewers to try to get the most positive reviews, I don't know if that is true, but this camera has always worked well for me. I rarely need to do focus adjustment on my lenses (and I have been through quite a few lenses).

Anyways, with history out of the way, I've pampered my camera since I got it. It has never been dropped or out in the rain (even though it is supposed to be weatherproof). It has about 12K actuations of the shutter (I think it already had 3-4K actuations when I got it). The shutter is rated for 100K so there is plenty of life left. No scratches anywhere. Nothing is loose or stuck. Everything is fully functional.

The camera body is great. Really comfortable to hold and more solid than my current K30. It has a stainless steel frame so it feels more rigid than the K30. The top display is really convenient and it has X-sync mode and other features only the premium level cameras have (which I already start to miss on my K30).

The only problem which came that way when I got it is there is a hairline crack on the bottom plate (see photo). It is really tiny and only noticable because I pointed it out and zoomed in on it with a macro lens. I understand on the early runs with some of the K20 cameras, they overtightened the base plate a bit too much and caused the crack. I contacted Steve about it and he said it came that way. I do not believe any moisture can get through (plus your hand covers that area anyways). If this bothers you, please do not buy this camera. (Please see picture for zoomed in view) It is barely noticable normally.

I just bought a K30, but since many items are the same, I've included many new items from my K30 kit with this sale and kept the old used ones for myself. Included new are:

Camera Strap, Power Cord, Brand New Konica-Minolta Battery, Connector Cables, Eyepiece Cover, Flash Hotshoe Cover.

Used are:

K20D Camera Body (of course), Charger, Two Genuine Pentax Batteries, Pentax F Remote (the one for the grip), Manuals, Software and Box.

I have lot of great reviews and have sold on this forum for a long time. I accept Paypal with no additional charges.

Shipping to US via Insured USPS Priority Mail is $30.

Worldwide shipping is available. Please ask for shipping quote for other locations.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 days refund if not as described. Shipping charge is not refunded. Buyer pays for return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Last edited by Youngster; 10-20-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Price Reduction
10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
Original Poster
Final price reduction before going on ebay. It's almost the same price as a lower end model and handling is a lot better.
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
The K20D is still my main camera. This is an amazing deal, especially for people who don't need / want video or extreme low light capabilities.