Kenko extension tubes w/ 'A' contacts

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Kenko extension tubes w/ 'A' contacts

Asking Price

Item Location
Denver, CO (United States)

Item Description
Kenko extension tubes for Pentax with 'A' contacts. They are marked for "P/AF", but please note that they do *NOT* support autofocusing -- that is just referring to the mount. So you can use your AF lenses, but you must manually focus, which is generally what you want to do with macro anyway. And of course they have mechanical aperture linkage and you can use fully manual M-style lenses as well with the usual methods of metering. 3 tubes: 36mm, 20mm, & 12mm, excellent condition, they look like new. I repeat -- NO AUTOFOCUS IS POSSIBLE. (Last time I sold I set of these with the same description the first thing I got was a request for additional pictures looking for the gear drive -- IT ISN'T THERE.)

Also please note that even those these have contacts, they can be flaky with certain lenses as far as passing through lens and aperture data to the body -- Sigma lenses in particular seem to be troublesome, but most lenses will work fine. For some of the quirks experienced and possible solutions, please read through this:

Thread: PK/A extension tubes?

This set of tubes is identical to the set I was talking about in that thread, and exhibits the same weirdness with my Sigma 70/2.8 if I don't use some of the tricks discussed, although it works fine on my other lenses as-is. Please read that stuff carefully -- I really don't want someone to send them back saying "they were flaky with my Sigma!".

Shipping is a flat $9 -- USA only. They will be shipped USPS priority tracked and insured.

Payment is to be via PayPal, and shipping address must be to Paypal verified address. (If you have existing positive feedback, some more flexibility is possible.) I will send you a PayPal invoice, and I'll pay the fees. As always, Denver locals are welcome to come over in-person and pay cash and avoid shipping charge.

Priced to sell at $150 -- I'm not going lower.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail + insurance

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Will accept returns if not as stated as long as you notify me within 3 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 10-16-2012 at 10:00 AM.
10-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
Original Poster
bump.
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bump.
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 52 (100%)
I really really wanted these back when I had my K-5 and 100WR. I ended up making some out of de-glassed TCs, because they are so rare. I would much rather have had this set. Good luck with the sale.

10-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I really really wanted these back when I had my K-5 and 100WR. I ended up making some out of de-glassed TCs, because they are so rare. I would much rather have had this set. Good luck with the sale.
Both are useful. I have another set of these I'm keeping, but I still want to grab a TC with an AF pass-thru so I can have a single shorter tube that will still autofocus and then these-type tubes for more flexibility, and of course once you add enough extension AF is pretty useless anyway..
10-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
bump.
10-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
sold!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 10-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.