PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tokina AT-X Pro AF 28-70 1:2.6-2.8

Asking Price
255 € /obo

Item Location
Tampere (Finland)

Item Description
Here's your chance to own a rare classic!

I'm selling my Tokina AT-X Pro 2.6-2.8/28-70mm due to lack of use, This lens is superb in every way and the only reason I'm letting it go is the fact that I mainly shoot wider focal lengths and need the money.

The build quality of this beast is excellent. It's made of metal with some serious glass in it (ok it weighs more than the usual modern plastic lenses, but it'll probably last a lifetime). This is the coveted AF270 Pro I version with the same optical formula as on the highly acclaimed ultra rare (and expensive) Angenieux 28-70mm. This is an internal focus/zoom lens so the length doesn't change when zooming/focusing. And when at the 70mm position the front element is retracted deep inside the body so the body acts as a hood also.

Autofocus is snappy and precise and this lens has the best manual focus feel I've experienced on a af-zoom. It actually works just as well as a manual focus lens.

Aperture works as it should, the aperture ring clicks nicely and the actual aperture blades move quickly.

The body of the lens is in very good condition, it has a few tiny marks from use and some wear to the focus ring numbers.

The optics are excellent apart from one tiny scratch in the front element (see the pictures). This doesn't affect the image quality.

The image quality is excellent, wide open there's some minor "glow" in the pictures but it hasn't bothered me and stopped down pictures are razor sharp. See sample shots below

This lens doesn' have quickshift as we know it, but it has this af/mf clutch mechanism which engages the manual focusing when you pull the focus ring towards the camera body. Unfortunately this doesn't disengage the screwdrive af from the camera so you have to flick the focus switch on the body too. When the focus clutch mechanism is in the af position the focus ring turns freely and doesn't affect focusing. This takes a little getting used to, but I haven't found it to be a problem.

Comes with both original caps and an ebay screw-on hood which works nicely with a aps-c sensor but if you plan on using this on film cameras or that full-frame digital (if/when it comes) it's most likely too long.

This is a heavy piece of professional optics so shipping is not exactly cheap but give me your location and I'll get back to you with a quota.

Average user rating: 9.22! Check here

And now some pictures:

Remember the amplifier in Spinal Tap that went to 11? This one goes to 2.6!

Here's the mark on the front element (below the coloured refelctions)

Front element recessed

70mm f2.8

Larger version here

~50mm f2.8

Larger version here

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Europe Only

Shipping Charge
varies

Shipping Services
Finnish Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return policy only if not as described. Shipping will not be refunded. Paypal fee included in the price.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by ovim; 10-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.
10-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
This is a damn beautiful piece of glass i'd say....

Nobody getting it?
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Conversing via PM.
10-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
And this lens is now sold