Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
ME-F original AF f/2.8 35-70mm smc Lens + camera (needs service)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
ME-F original AF f/2.8 35-70mm smc Lens + camera (needs service)

Asking Price
US$70,

Item Location
Northern NSW (Australia)

Item Description
For Sale: Pentax MEF original AF, f/2.8, 35-70mm smc Lens; with ME-F 35mm SLR film camera; needs servicing.

Lens: This is the original Pentax auto-focus zoom lens, specifically designed for this camera, with zooming range from 35mm to 70mm. It is a ‘fixed’ f/2.8 lens. The lens has an aperture ring offering aperture openings from 2.8 to 22. Aperture ring operates crisply and precisely.
Unfortunately, the focussing ring will not rotate freely, and it needs to be serviced, or repaired.
Cosmetically, the lens is in very good condition, with little visible evidence of use. The glass is clean. Front and rear lens caps are included.

Camera: The camera is working, but I have used it in manual mode only, as the Fresnel lens and viewfinder need to be serviced. The viewfinder is restricted by ‘solvent-damage', caused by a previous owner's attempt to 'clean' the Fresnel lens and/or mirror.The camera needs to be refurbished, including the auto-focus function.

A replacement parts kit, containing light-seals & mirror-buffer, is included.

The shutter speeds seem to be accurate, and the light meter is functioning. The shutter operates as expected, and opens and closes (see photo of ‘mirror-down’ with shutter closed, and photo of ’mirror-up’, with shutter fully open). Realistically, the shutter and light meter should be calibrated. Film wind-on and re-wind functions seem to be operating correctly. The camera has been film tested (some sample pics are available, on request).

Postage:
Within Australia, postage is Free, in a Pre-Paid Satchel. If other services are required (registered, tracking, insurance) please contact me for a quote. I will need your postcode to provide an accurate figurere.

Overseas by airmail is: Please contact me for a quote.
If other services are required (tracking, insurance), please advise me when you ask me for a quote.

Overseas buyers please note: Payment is by PAYPAL ONLY.
Some countries may have taxes or duties payable on some items, so please be aware of any such charges, as they are your responsibility.

Finally, I am not a retailer, or a commercial seller, and I do not have language translation facilities. I apologise for any inconvenience to international buyers.
Thank you, for taking the time to read my listing.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free within Australia; international, contact me for a quote

Shipping Services
AusPost

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
no returns accepted
camera & lens being sold 'as-is', needing refurbishment

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Rob-48; 11-01-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Price Reduction
10-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Original Poster
just a little bump ......
10-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
bump#2